Monday, November 13, 2006

Slipped Disc ?

Since first Raya, I have been plagued with back pain. Come third Raya, it was rather bad. Then it went away. Then it came again. It was Wednesday. Coincidently, during our lunch trip on Thursday, Kak Maz wanted to see our doctor. So off we went after lunch. Kak Maz told me that since we were at the doctor's office, why don't I go in as well ? I was reluctant as I have no cash on my person. En Azman said he has some and Kak Maz said she has some left, so after Kak Maz went in, I pun masuk.
She asked me to rukuk, I can only manage about 30 degrees. It was about 10 degrees yesterday, I told Dr Zalina. She asked me to lie down and lift up my leg. Left leg no problem, right leg upright caused some pain.
Early symptoms of slipped disc, she told me. Really ? I don't remember ever falling, I protested. Did you lift anything heavy recently ? No, the heaviest thing I ever carry is my very small and very thin daughter ( the paying up scene was rather humiliating. As I mentioned before, I haven't any money at that time and the bill was RM 65. None of us went to the bank and En Azman and Kak Maz had to pool money between them to pay and only managed to raise RM 60 !! Nasib baik dah biasa dengan Dr Zalina tu..... Tapi ada banyak orang keliling.....)
I was dissatisfied and contacted Dan's uncle, Pakcik Basir, an orthopaedic surgeon in Kuching. Alhamdullilah, he is actualy flying down ( or up ) to KL that very night with Mak Nina ( she is a GP by the way. They are so clever, both of them, they skipped one year of medical school ).
Friday, met my boss at KLCC for a very early meeting. He saw me with my heavy lap top and took it from me. He luggged it around during our meeting. I was mortified as he is my CEO. I can't imagine working like this.
Saturday, Pakci Basir came and we discussed and he said well yes, 80% sure I have slipped disc. So he advised me that I have to manage this well. Banyakkan berehat sementara tengah sakit ni. Only 10% of slipped disc sufferer required surgery. He also showed me how to lift things, blah, blah, blah... " Ummm pakcik... " I said, " Boleh ke mandikan anak and kemas katil ? " Pakcik said no lah. Not for awhile at least.
Ha ha..... Smugly, I told Dan, " Sayang ku, I was advised by the good doctor, which happens to be your uncle, to refrain myself from making the bed and bathing the children," Dan said it's okay, we will adjust. So Saturday and Sunday, Babah bathed them alone. It has always been a team effort by us. This Monday morning, Umar was ready for school at 7 am. Kesiannya dia. Frankly, I missed washing his cute tooshie. And seriously, boys really don't know how to make the bed nicely.....

7 comments:

Sheik said...

Jagalah pinggangmu dan tulang belakangmu, supaya kamu tidak menjadi sotong.

Semoga cepat sembuh seperti sediakala.

Anonymous said...

...And seriously, boys really don't know how to make the bed nicely.....hmmmm try me :)

-- me da anonymous --

Cik Puan Kamil said...

Aku tak nak jadi apa - apa pun spesies makanan laut.... Tapi doktor suruh baring aje... macamana nak baring aje ?

Cik Puan Kamil said...

Anonymous dari Kelantan, are you sure your bed making skills are up to my standard ?

Sheik said...

Anonymous, aren't your specialty has something to do with MOP!

Baring aje la, for your own good.

Baring = time

Time heals many things... chemically, biologically, emotionally.

Sheik said...

Hmmm try me???

Ni aku nak kata ni...

Janji ikan sweet n sour dah masuk tahun ke 85.

Ni ade satu lagi janji... nanti la aku buat open house lepas posa enam... janji tinggal janji lagi!

Try me? Dei..porrahhh!!!

Sheik said...

KESIHATAN itu adalah salah satu dari keajaiban ENAM PINTU DUNIA yang mesti dipertahankan - dipetik dari cerita kanak-kanak Mon Colle Knights