Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Trip to Bandung 2

The next morning we wondered how we were going to fill our day. We have finished our shopping and I was too tired to go anywhere else. We then decided to go to Rich and Famous again, hoping that I am well enough to get more clothes. Heavily drugged with Panadol ( ha ha ), I found an Esprit shirt and 1 Mexx shirt and more baju for our kids. Since Bandung has a cool climate Dan asked me if I was okay for a walk. Sure, why not. I actually feel better when I am walking than when I was being coped up in the room. I was also feeling rather uneasy because usually I left the kids with my husband and since both of us are together, who is taking care of them ?

We walked and had a lovely time. We ate at Pizza Hut ( no surprises there ) which turned out to be so much better than the Pizza Hut at home. Why ? More extensive menu. We tried the food that is not sold in Malaysia. They were superb. I drank a chilled melon juice and Dan drank something called Strawberry Surprise. Yum…..

I felt terrible after lunch and Dan readily took me back to the hotel where I slept fitfully again and barfed and barfed and barfed. Penat….. I was too tired to go out and we ordered room service. The food was good but I couldn’t keep anything in and barfed again. It was the longest night.

I woke up dizzy and disorientated. I was so dreading the flight back home. When I opened my eyes, all I could say was “ Panadol Indon ni tipu. Tak jadi pun … “. I was popping the pills like nobody’s business but I was never relieved, not even slightly relieved from my pain.

In the cab to the Bandara, I begged Allah SWT to spare the agony of flying. I am never a good flyer to start with. I need to take anti-motion sickness pills every time I fly. I recited Al-Fatihah and Surah Kursi many, many times while begging Allah to give me a good 2 hours. Luckily, the airport had upgraded its services and offered a First Class lounge for passengers for a mere RM 15. Dan took it without much thought.

I was so relieved to see the room very comfortable and that the service included breakfast. I couldn’t eat anything but was grateful for a cup of piping hot tea. I barfed again and steeled myself for the plane ride. Allah is great. He listened to my prayers, as I was okay on the flight. I was chatty and happy and was just okay. Dan and I talked non-stop and was having a wonderful time.

But as soon as we landed and got out of the plane, I was feeling my bad health again. My 2 hours was up. Dan chastised me for not begging for my wellbeing instead of just a 2 hour respite… aduhai…. How would I know ?

Dan’s parents picked us with Titi in tow. She ran to hug me and kept asking what business do I have at the airport. In the car, Dan’s mom regaled us with the stories of our kids while we were away.

The first night Dan’s parents took my children to sleep in their room. However in the middle of the night, Umar woke his sister up and led his sleepy sister to sleep in our room. He switched on the fan and the bathroom light and went to sleep. Dan’s mom found them curled up to each other on our bed.

The next night, Aida came to play and invited Umar and Elsa to sleep over at her house. Umar refused but Titi wanted to go. Umar was at the top of the stairs, Elsa was on the landing on the middle of the stairway and Aida was at the bottom. Umar told Aida to bring his sister home by 9 pm. He said he wants to sleep at 10. Aida then spoiled everything by asking if it is okay to be slightly late ? Umar upon hearing that started crying. No, he said. Elsa has to be home on the dot at 9 pm. Elsa by then had quietly went up to her brother, took his hand and led him to our room. There they stayed together watching the telly and fell asleep. She didn’t even say goodbye to Aida.

This brought back memories when Dan followed me to Singapore for work. We left Umar with my parents. Umar apparently held on to his overnight bag for dear life, refusing to let go. He took the bag with him everywhere. After every bath, he would collect all his dirty laundry and stuffed it in his bag, ready to leave at a moment’s notice, waiting for his parents to return and collect him. He was less than 3 at that time.

Hai nampaknya susahlah Mummy and Babah nak pegi Umrah berdua ni…

No comments: