Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Hmmphh

Gosh, I really do need to be inspired. Am really bored with the books that I purchased lately and have resorted to those that I know is good and could entertain me. So am reading the Chronicles of Narnia by the ever-brilliant C.S Lewis and will start on Tolkien next. Maybe my Austens would save me or even a Dickens. Maybe I will just read Lady in White again.

I love Lady in White, for some reason.

I don’t know what went wrong but I was even bored with the new Nicholas Sparks. I was even rather uninspired with Julia Quinn’s new book. Maybe Ms Fiona Walker need to get her new book out as soon as possible, to save me from my literary meltdown.

Have I turned into a cynic then ? I used to squeal whenever I read romantic scenes in books. Now I just read and went hmmmppph. Apa itu ?

However I was not disappointed at the cinemas though. Enchanted was enchanting ( for want of better word ) and The Golden Compass was intriguing and leaving me waiting for the sequel. Just like Eragon…when is the sequel coming ? Very interested to watch Mr Mongariums Wonder Emporium but that has to be at the weekend… so watched telly to make up for my book-less day.

However, the telly managed to fail me too, yesterday. Watched Monk. It was rather predictable though as I could guess the clue that will make him deduce that it was actually a murder and not an overdose. So, yeah… the genius Monk failed to entertain me. Rather insipid, I should say. Should have watched House instead but since I have seen the whole season 3, I decided on Monk instead. Last night was the only time he failed me though, that Adrian.

I do really need an aspiring book from new authors. My classical authors are well and good and I can’t keep re-reading them. I am up for suggestions.

5 comments:

Nuyui said...

Have you read The Undomestic Goddess by Sophie Kinsella? Which reminds me, did you already buy Shopaholic & Baby? It's HILARIOUS!!!

Cik Puan Kamil said...

I have read the Undomestic Goddess but I have totally forgotten about Shopaholic and Baby. Good idea... I would try that next. Thanks.

Rashidah kan ni ?

liadevega said...

Ala,
I am going to buy the islamic novel Ayat-ayat Cinta by Habiburrahman El Shirazy this weekend. I'm not actually an avid reader like u but the review of this book was so good that I thought that I must read it. Movie dia pun will come out soon, see www.ayatayatcintathemovie.com

Nuyui said...

Yes, and your words are like Bruneian Malay. hehe I'm dead boring already with no more books to read. Hmph~!

Nuyui said...

And I forgot, have you watched The Last Legion? Your favourite actor is in it. You know, the one makes you drool. ; )