Thursday, January 12, 2012

Balanced reporting

So… a reader complained that I do not know how to take care of my husband.

Hmm…. Saying it in English has no impact what-so-ever.

Cakap Melayunya ialah aku tak pandai jaga laki. Haaa………. Baru terasa impaknya.

Zrrruppp ! naik ke dada and translated to my face by considerably pinkening it.

The reason is katanya aku suka nar ngumpat laki aku. That I failed to recognize the nice things he did for me and I chose to concentrate on the ‘trivial’ mistakes he made.

Hmmm..

First question that popped to mind, si Kamil ke tulih ni ?

Naaah… he doesn’t read my blog. I think he doesn’t even remember that I have one. Oppps ! Does that statement constitute as mengumpat laki aku ?

Second thing that came to mind is that how does this person know that he did nice things for me ? He/She mentioned a few things that were true. So… by my power of deduction, I can either say that this person

a) is a friend or an acquaintance
b) got to know about it by reading from my blog

or….

c) Is Kamil. Again… naaahhh……

If you gleaned the information from my blog, dear sir/madam it means that I do say nice things about him. If not how else would you know about the car that he bought me and how much he loves my family ? I cannot only write about his nice stuffs and keep shtoom about his not-so nice stuffs. Ini balanced reporting namanya. I have to be fair.

Plus, if I memuji dia menggunung kang, ada lak yang muntah. Korang jugak tak larat nak baca. Kang ada lak yang comment macam aku sorang aje ada laki baik. Kang ada lak yang start to get defensive and say, “Eleh, laki aku pun macam tu gak… Ingat laki ko sorang aje ke ?”

I know that will be the public outcry because people have grumbled about updates on FB yang ala-ala promote laki sendiri. A fellow blogger once wrote about a friend yang forever complimenting her husband with updates like merdunya suara laki dia bila baca quran etc. Hehhehe….. Teringat pun boleh tergelak. Aku rasa kelakar sangat, selepas feeling nak muntah subsided of course.

And she is not alone. My own FB pun is inundated with updates of kegagahan suami, ke-terer-an suami, betapa indahnya perkahwinan mereka tak seperti orang lain yang huru-hara and the likes. Mula-mula aku okay aje, but lelama when comments like that came from the same person aje, aku pun naik bosan. Macam adik aku kata, dia ni nak bagi orang jealous ke atau nak encourage orang ambik laki dia ?

Hehhehe….

To be honest, I too can write something like, “Terangnya kepala si Kamil seperti Nur yang turun dari syurga ditemani bintang kejora beranak 8”. Boleh…. Tak jadi masalah. Tapi kang korang nak lagi ke kawan ngan aku kalau everytime you guys see me you can’t help but shudder or vomit blood ? Tak pun kalau korang bila nampak Kamil aje dah tak nengok muka dia tapi sibuk nengok sumber Nur itu ?

And tomorrow pulak I write, “Bahagianya makan bersuap ngan Kamil….” Pastu esok-esoknya “Besarnya berlian Kamil beli untuk isteri tersayang (iaitu aku le tuh)”. Korang tak bosan ke ? Tak ? Bosan kan…?

So to me, balanced reporting is best. Dia buat baik aku tulih, and dia buat tak berapa baik pun aku tulih. Tapi semuanya yang I have vetted and decided is okay for public consumption. I definitely did not write about all.

Besides, I like to be honest. And I remember mentioning before that I treat this as my memory keeper. Seriously when we fight, I sometime trawl my blog to get evidence.

Heheh.

18 comments:

cek moon said...

hehehe....saya setuju!!!

Ah-Zee said...

Utter nonsense! Obviously tt person has nt bothered to read ur blog frm d start. We, ur loyal readers, know for sure how much u adore n value ur husband. Mmgla ada episod2 'meroyan' but sekadar marah2 sayang. Kita taulah membezakan harsh spiteful remarks with words borne frm a fleeting geram moment. Lagipun u fail not to inject humor in ur stories which duzzin make us think any lesser of ur husband but conclude tt u two r a perfectly normal n lovable couple. Buat bodoh je la ngan komen camtuh. U write frm ur heart, not to please othrs.

Shaheera said...

and here i thought by the title, that the entry was about audit reports. hehe. see you tomorrow, babe.

kay_leeda said...

Cik Puan,

Your next entry shoud start like this, "Just seconds before we ushered the new year, Kamil told me to close my eyes and just listen to the sound that was coming from our garden. I thought it was some cengkerik he wanted me to listen to. Tapi...alangkah nak melompat dari atas ke bawah di buat nya bila Kamil told me....Yang, tu helly kita, jom naik i nak bawak you gi Fiji...."

Hahh.....ambik!!! Weh...no need to layan lah comments yg salah concept ni. To me it's best that we are truthful to ourselves. And blog kita kan...pandai lah kita nak do that balancing act like u said!

Norliana Abdul Rahman said...

kepada sesiapa yang komen cenggitu..

rilek la weii. semua org buat salah kan? aku ok jer baca apa si myra ni tulis tak de pulak nak judge yg bukan2..

buat gelak2 jer la.. takkan la kita ni ngek sgt nak aibkan laki sendiri..

tak de sense of humour langsung la..

knv said...

kahkahkahkah! tu diaaaaaa cikpunkamil dah luah perasaan!

sabaqqqq. i think you write cool stuff je all this while. kamil in or not hehehhe!

kalau dah tau sapa orang yang komplen tu, sila kirim salam kat dia. :P

Cik Kiah said...

The person obviously does not read my blog.

(Btw, laki aku rajin buat grocery shopping and basuh bontot anak)

Cik Puan Kamil said...

Cek moon... I hope u setuju dengan I... ehhehe

Cik Puan Kamil said...

Darling Ah-Zee, sukanya ada org yg nak tolong defend I....

Cik Puan Kamil said...

Shaheera.. How can I forget Tay's balanced reporting's lectures ? Terbawak-bawak sampai ke tulis blog. Hahah

Cik Puan Kamil said...

Kak Kay !! Hehehhe.... I akan tulih cerita sensasi u tu dalam FB ! hehehhehehe...

Cik Puan Kamil said...

Konot.. betui kan... Rilex lah.. Tak suka toksah baca dak ?

Cik Puan Kamil said...

Ana... kalau aku tau sapa dia mmg aku kirim kan salam hang... At this moment belum tau lagi... hehehe

Cik Puan Kamil said...

Cik Kiah.. sempat u puji laki u yek .. Uweekk !! (Btw, laki aku tak tau pegi kedai sengsorang. Aku soh bawak balik beraih, dia bawak balik tepung beraih... Sangat kronik...)

.. said...

i love the last sentence .. hahahahah .. so cute

Anonymous said...

I like reading yr blog!! Dont stop writing ya ;)

Cik Puan Kamil said...

..said.., you think my heheh is cute ? Aww.....

Okay, okay... I know what you mean. But seriously, I do do that.... Kah kah.

Cik Puan Kamil said...

Dear Anon,

Aww... that is so sweet.. *blush*.