Thursday, October 12, 2006

Cry me a river

I was crying buckets while I was driving to work this morning. It started with Ahmad Jais singing "Selamat Hari Raya" then it lingered on to Hotlink advert on a student in London calling his mom and escalated during lagu Heart.
Nak raya kan, biasalah. This will be the first raya without my Tok Cik and my Nyang. Nyang took care of me when I was small. Dulu when we live at sek 6, I went to kindergarten at sek 3. When she is around, she will put me on a bike and push me to school. I will not take the bus to school when she is around. She taught me to pray and tried to teach me to knit.
Balik Penang tahun ni. Tapi raya ke-3 and ke-4 because my Wan is here in Shah Alam with us and of course kena balik kampung Dan in Kuala Selangor.
Shazmi once asked why all Hari Raya dramas on tv are tear-jerker ones. Why aren't there happy ones when Hari Raya should be a joyous occasion ? Good question actually. Maybe it is a reminder for us to think of our parents ( since banyak mak pabak yang dok melangut kat rumah kebajikan ) and maybe it is a reminder to us to always be forgiving ( since banyak anak - anak yang merajuk tak nak balik or menantu yang tak bagi balik ) since what is Raya without seeking for forgiveness ?
Entahlah. I don't have the answer. Hmm.....

No comments: