Friday, December 22, 2006

Air sirap

I love air sirap. Sirap limau, plain sirap. Well rose syrup le... Sirap bandung not really though. Kadang-kadang macam nak rasa tapi bila dah minum rasa mual lak. I think a nice sirap bandung that doesn't make me feel like regurgitating it is sirap bandung with a hint of ice-cream soda in it. Maybe...
Anyway, when I worked in Ampang, Janet the Accounts Clerk, once remarked that Malays like to drink sirap. I said really ? And for me at least, it is quite true ( can't speak for the rest of the Malay population ). However my dream sirap had always been sirap org kawin... Emmm..... I don't know why tapi siraps at kenduri kawin are the best. My own kenduri kawin's sirap was quite good actually and I had always look forward to testing the afore-mentioned beverage when there are weddings to attend.
I don't like homemade ones that letak jintan ( for whatever reason it is required I don't know ) and I have forgotten the taste of F&N Rose syrup because it is in my boycott list.
Sirap... hmmmm..... DeliFrance have added new drinks in their menu. They have green apple, passion fruit and grapefruit ( I think ) syrop diluted with soda water, served in a very nice big martini-like glasses. They tasted marvellous and gave me an idea of drinking my own very malay sirap with soda water... Tapi since I am not a big fan of carbonated water... well we'll see..
Hmm...

3 comments:

Den Farid said...

I like sirap too... told my honey to take sirap for increase her red blood cell but she didnt believe!?

Anonymous said...

nih bila nak tukar menu (read: bila nak update blog)...sirap tu pun dah basi da :)

Sheik said...

Aku dah cemus dengan sirap bandung. Kat opis aku ni kalau majlis makan2 asyik2 nak buat sirap bandung soda. Menyirap betul aku! Just imagine tiap-tiap bulan ada majlis makan. Pejabat gomen la katakan....