Monday, January 15, 2007

Channel 26 on Astro

Almost midnight yesterday, I was already off to SlumberLand when I was shaken by my husband.
Dan : Yang sorry Yang, but you have to see this.
Me : What ? ( not bothering to open my eyes as my glasses were not on my nose )
Dan : Bukak mata. It is The Vicar of Dibley !!
That cleared my muddled brain immediately and I grabbed my glasses. Sure enough, on screen, Channel 26 BBC Entertainment, was the Vicar of Dibley, my favourite show ever !
Thank you Astro as I thought it would not make it to our shores.
The new Channel 26 put a new meaning to our lives ( how pathetic that is ? ) as we have been bored channel surfing lately. Nothing stirred our interests anymore, except you know specific shows on specific time and day. Monday 10.30 House. Tuesday, yelek ( except probably re-runs of Haunting ). Wednesday, CSI. Thursday 10.30 Wire in the Blood. Friday, tak dak. Saturday pun hampeh. Then Sunday, 9.oo NCIS. So with the arrival of BBCE, there is always something nice on the telly !!
It was just like university days. Dan and I were watching Home Invaders one day around 12 pm when he suddenly nudged me and asked, " Kelas you pukul berapa ? " and I instinctively terus malas nak pi kelas... ha ha. Well yes, one thing returned with the arrival of BBCE, my feeling of guilt because I am watching telly and should have been studying. That dissapeared like last year with sporadic returns but now it is back inside my gut again.
Anyway, you can hear roars of laughter from our room now when last time it was more subdued. Thank you My Family, Absolutely Fabolous, My Life in Film, As Time Goes By and many more for entertaining me. And now !! Now... I am further entertained by the arrival of The Vicar of Dibley. It is really hilarious about a lady vicar with her small parish of varying degrees of stupidity. He he.... The vicar is played by Dawn French who with Jennifer Saunders ( from Absolutely Fabolous or Ab Fab ) owns French Saunders Production and produced these two lovely comedies. They are really lovely. Ab Fab is a favourite of mine and Dan's too.
More reason to snuggle up at night while our eyes are glued to the telly, devoid of intelligent conversations ( that is a very cynical way to mention the downside of good telly ).
I wonder if I have the will power the actually detach myself from it and continue reading bed time stories with my babies. I mean I have never been a tv buff anyway. While Dan watches tv I will be reading and my kids will be reading and then we will read together. But now... well I just bought 4 fabulous books from Times sales yesterday and will I ever read them on bed anymore ? He he... I foresee that after awhile I will get bored too and only watch the best programme Channel 26 can offer. But which one ? Hmmm....

No comments: