Monday, January 29, 2007

Reading Yasmin's blog

I read my dear friend's Min's blog just now and it brought a lump to my throat. Miss you Min. Wish you were here.
And eventhough I still live in Shah Alam and not missing it anymore, it nearly brought tears to my eyes as I know what she meant. I am experiencing it right now. All my friends know that my family live with Dan's parents. It is high up on a hill and my little room faces the Shah Alam mosque. I thank Allah for giving me the chance to wake up to the sound of Azan and hearing His verses being read everyday. I sometimes follow the prayers in the mosque from my own room because I could hear their prayers. Every Allahuakhbar, every al-Fathihah is delivered to my room. Sometimes loud and sometimes as soft as the breeze....
Most days, I will open up my windows, bathe and don my telekung and sit on the bed. Before azan there will be mengaji and sometimes there is even a little tazkirah. My own masjid facilities in my room.
Nanti bila anak2 dah besar, I will take them to the mosque. We will make a point to join the prayers and activities. Insya-Allah.
That is why I so love Shah Alam. A real Muslim areas where you can hear 3 azans continuously, where you have the luxury to pick and choose any suraus to pray and where you have some sort of Islamic values still intact ( although I do fear it is slipping bit by bit ). Where friendships are forged and still hold on strong after 20 years and still counting. Where new friends are made because some Shah Alam people couldn't bear to leave it and therefore bring ( either by persuasion, intense cajoling or even force ) their spouses to join in the community.
A kampung at heart...
Hmmm.......................

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

tak sabaq aku nak balik Shah Alam!! end of next year insya Allah kalau takdak aral melintang...Shah Alam oh! Shah Alam. Betui Myra, it's not just the mosque - it's the people, the friendship that grew from little seed to big green trees, the positive values which we will do our best to preserve for our next generations to come.Miss you too!