Thursday, January 25, 2007

Tengok Wayang with my bestfriend

What a pair Amelia and I was yesterday. We met up and turned up wearing the same shoes from Clarkes. Hers is in white and mine is in black ( we have 4 pairs of shoes from Clarkes that are identical except for the colour. We have 1 pair that is of the same colour - red, but hers are flat mary janes and mine are sandals ).
After an hour, it gave us blisters and we were limping and wincing at the end of the night. We decided to watch Kuntilanak at the movies yesterday, to much disbelief of our colleagues and loves ones as we are known to be lily livered when it comes to cerita hantu, and the prospect of hantu. However we braved it yesterday, rather unbravely... he he.
First of all we were late. We entered the cinema 20 minutes late due to Maghrib prayers commitment. Then, we covered our eyes with our tudungs 3/4 of the time. We hunched and contorted to the left and right and at one point berlaga kepala.
My RM 7 was wasted and she wasted her free ticket. Before we went in the darkened room, she told me that we should've car pooled. I told her I deleted my sms to her yesterday suggesting the same very thing and totally regretting it now. We both wished fervently that there will be no car scenes. Ha ha... unfortunately, there was 1.
I drove her back to her office, and accompanied her to her desk. Then I drove behind her the whole way home until we split at the Istana Kayangan Roundabout. During the drive back home, at Bukit Bintang, she sms'ed me to say that she had lost me and informed me of her location when I had been behind her all the while. She then sms'ed advicing that I keep my eyes on the road and not to look at the empty passenger seat. He he... I know it is something that she is trying very hard to do.
All in all what do I get from yesterday ?
a) The knowledge that uncannily, we still have the same taste in shoes and wardrobe
b) We still haven't grown out of our absurd fear of ghouls and haunts ( although I have to say Amelia is braver than me as she actually saw the kuntilanak yesterday. I didn't at all, just a blurry vision of a figure swathed in white )
c) It is not easy watching a movie behind a veil, albeit one fashioned out of one's tudung
Hmmm...........

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

berani jer you gals tengok cerita hantu!!! i tak berani laaa ha ha. I miss hanging out with you gals...