Thursday, January 17, 2008

Telly Review : Brothers and Sisters

Every Tuesday night at 10 pm ( okay I am very much confused with hari Isnin malam Selasa or hari Khamis malam Jumaat business. Just to keep the record straight, to me malam Selasa is Selasa itself. When I sleep on malam Selasa, I will wake up on hari Rabu ) Dan and I will be glued to the telly watching Brothers and Sisters on StarWorld channel.

It is great series about Sally Field and her 5 children and how they cope after the death of their father. The most intriguing part of the story is the emergence of their father’s mistress. Calista Flockhart and Rachel Griffiths play the daughters and the lovely Rob Lowe is in it too.

What I love about the series is the honest portrayal of a real family. The drama is not exactly sugar-coated affair, as an escape from reality for the viewers but it is feel good enough for us to have some hope left. The writers and producers to me strike a good balance of reality and Disney happy-ever-after very well, sort of like there is a silver lining in every misfortune kind of thing.

It has enough romance and comedy and tragedy coupled with excellent acting to get us hooked.

I was having dinner with my family the other day when we realised that Brothers and Sisters would be starting in 5 minutes. We bid a hasty goodbye to catch the show and Shera too wanted to race home for it. My mother’s parting remark ? “ Keluarga ni dah cukup banyak borthers and sisters yang buat pening kepala semua, hangpa nak pi tengok pasal orang lain tu buat pa ? ” Yelah, yelah….
PS: Tapi tengok gak. Semalam punya best….