Sunday, November 06, 2011

Selamat hari raya Aidil Adha.

Selamat Hari Raya !

Mak Pak kami balik Penang so apa kah anak-anak yang tak pi sekali ni kena buat ? Masak le...

CY made kuah kacang. I was supposed to masak rendang ayam tapi sebab nak buat soto lagi, chocolate cuppies with strawberry cream topping lagi so rendang we used the frozen and instant ones yang mak kami masak. Selesai.

Ada lemang. I bought it for RM18. Terkejut gak sebab I expected it to be paling mahal RM8. Tapi sebab I haven't bought one in ages, so I thought inflation happened since my RM8 purchase eons ago.

Sekali keluar kat berita TV3 yang confirmed my expectation was correct. Giler apa kena tipu beli lemang. Dah lah separuh masak.

For the soto, I only fried half of the begedil as I wanted to give options to people who is afraid of oil... like moi. Haha....

Anyway, we started cooking quite late on the eve of Raya. Bersantai dan melepak kat Uptown dulu. We only finished all work around 2am and lepas tu bergelimpangan all around the house. Kamil dah awal-awal lagi tidur sebelah CY's son N in the living room. So did Moggy. My darling cat was the one yang selalu teman budak tu tidur whenever he is alone. Comel kan ?

Abang slept on the sofa. Adik, MI and CY in the library, tertidur while watching Smurfs.

Aku of course tarik selimut sebelah Kamil and terkejut sakan bila N bangun for his night feed. Wei.... dah tak biasa wei... Aku pening kepala sampai sekarang sebab bukan saja terkejut beruk dengar dia nangis, habis gorilla and siamang keluar sekali.

But he is such a pleasure to wake up with. Diam aje pastu when he saw us, terus sengih and gelak-gelak. Sebijon macam Abang. Sigh.......

Anyway, when we woke up for N's night feed, I changed his nappies sekali, went to the kitchen to throw the toxins in the bin, turned the water tap on .. and no water came out.

I was confused a bit but I was desperate to get back to sleep so I ignored it.

Woke up to sambung masak and memories of the wee hours in the morning before came back. Ada ke raya-raya takda ayaq.

Called Syabas and was duly informed that the very, very precious water will come back at 3.

Apa nak buat ? I shipped Abang adn Adik to CY's house for their bath and aku sambung masak sengsorang.

They came back and we ate and tidur.

Hehehhe........ what a raya, not !

2 comments:

Zee said...

Salam CPK :)
Lama jugak tak drop a comment in here but rest assured tt i am still an avid reader.
my aidiladha was pretty uneventful too. ard 7am... imagine tt.. org sibuk gi masjid for solat raya.. i baru terkial2 nak masak. sempatlah masak rendang daging, ayam masak merah and sayur lodeh. lontong & ketupat kindly donated by my sil's mother. abis masak ard 11-plus gitu... satu famili makan sama2... and we all lepak tido in our respective rooms rite after... hahaha

Cik Puan Kamil said...

Salam Zee... hehehhe... I am sure a lot of people's raya macam you n I described it... Dah besar kan.... raya is more about catching up on sleep ! Heheh...