Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Marlin nak balik

Yesterday joined my mom and 2 siblings at KLCC and went for dinner at Chili's. Sekarang ni memang perut Melayu as I couldn't even finished half of the plate. Kalau nasi goreng tu licin kot... he he. My sister Marlin was there. She is home for the summer holidays and Jumaat ni she is going back to Russia to start her fourth year. Marlin and I, we somehow missed eachother. Not even 6 months after I returned to Malaysia for good after my 7 years stay in England, she went to Russia to study medicine.
I looked at her and I missed her already. It will be next summer before I see her again and this is going to be repeated until 2009 before she comes home as Dr Marlin MD. Some people said after you get married, adik-beradik dah tak berat sangat. I don't think that is true as I still value my siblings.
This summer she had to go to Hospital TAR in Kelang to be introduced to all the different wards there. One morning I volunteered to send her. In her bag I saw her stethoscope ( betul ke ejaan ni ? ) and her white lab coat. My eyes went misty with pride. When we get there ( she was already late ) the other students were already there at the hospital's porch and I asked her to put on her coat and stethoscope for me. She looked wonderful. I kissed her again and again and again in front of her peers amid her protests ( I know how she felt. My dad used to do that to me when he sent me to school. There I was at 17, a pengawas pulak tu, being kissed by my daddy in front of everybody to see. It is hard to be cool after that ). Hmm....
Mail is not coming home this holiday. He called up during Ita's akad nikah and had a good cry. He is also doing Medicine but in Manipal India. I miss him so much. I am yet to embarass him in front of his friends but he is wise to expect it. After Ita's reception, when all our guests had left, our family had a good karaoke session. Mail is wonderful singer. I kept expecting him to grab the mike and serenade us with his lovely voice. Waaa..... Mail !!
Ita pulak dah kawin. This morning I went home for awhile and as I jumped on the bed, only Ima and Marlin screamed. I forgot she's not supposed to be there. Pun sedih jugak....
The rest of my siblings are in Shah Alam, but they are here for me not to miss. Alhamdullillah.

2 comments:

Sheik said...

Korang adik beradik musti sangat akrab. Bestnya boleh cium adik beradik. Aku tak leh buat camtu sebab kami 5 orang adik beradik semua lelaki daa.....

Cik Puan Kamil said...

Boleh apa..... Muhrim... hahahahhaha