Monday, February 25, 2008

Book Review : Ghost Children By Sue Townsend

This is a re-read. I was unearthing my collection to find something interesting to read and I decided on this one. It is a rather good book, I should say by the author who brought us the Adrian Mole series.

This book is about Christopher and Angela, who broke up because Angela aborted their baby. Chris became obsessed about his unborn child, always looking for a replacement and Angela got married to another bloke but never got over her baby in spite of being the sole instigator of the abortion. She keeps imagining her daughter Catherine was still with her, growing up and being the most perfect daughter.

They met again and rekindled their love with a lovely twist.

Storme, a baby being brought up by really stupid mother and Satan worshipping father is in the book too and I love the way their lives were intertwined with Chris and Angela.

It is a short book but if I say anymore then I will give the ending away.

I love books.

No comments: