Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Maybe I am loony....

My good friend Kamalia ( I have known her since like we were 8 or something ) commented on my last posting. She rightly said that the chances of me being asked “What is magic in Malay” is very remote…

Well…. Sure… but when you are me…. Just ask my husband lah…

When were living in UK, I was an ardent fan of Marie Claire magazine. So ardent in fact that I kept on buying the magazine when we permanently parked our bottoms in Malaysia. It costs a bomb but I liked it. I only stopped when I realised, hey…. the Malaysian Marie Claire is good too, and the bonus point is they actually showcase all the goody shoes and clothes that is within my reach !!

Well anyway, I truly, truly love this segment in Marie Claire UK where they feature normal, everyday women’s wardrobe. I found out that I actually like looking and ‘belek’ing the contents of other people’s wardrobe. The rows and rows of shoes, and bags and clothes and knick knacks and what nots.

I love reading where they buy their clothes and why. Usually there is an interesting story attached to a piece of clothing. You know, its sentimental value or incidents that happened when they wear or buy that particular piece.

I also love they way they drape certain items of clothing attractively around the room, the way they susun the kasuts and bags or whatever. I just love it.

Well… of course I got crazy. I know the chances of them featuring my wardrobe is like nil (I think you have to write to them and ask them to come or something like that)… but I went crazy anyway. I started to susun my shoes ( when Dan wasn’t home of course because he would have a heart attack if he sees my collection all in one go. I wasn’t sinisterly hiding them from my husband, mind you. I just love him so much that I do not want him to have a seizure…, that’s all ) and my bags, and drape my bajus attractively around the room.

I also looked for pieces that have a story attached to it ( I have one piece that is connected to you though, Kamalia. The seluar I bought from you and tried it on in your curtainless store room… he he…. Takde orang duduk belakang rumah dia… so it’s okay… although there were chances of orang lalu … well…. ).

So… that is my perangai. Thank God that my husband layan je selalu… eventhough I know he harbours thoughts that his wife might be crazy.

One more contoh ? Well, the tube station near Big Ben ( I think Westminster Station ) right, has the longest escalator I have ever seen. To make it worse, to me the escalator’s gradient is quite high, maybe 35° even. I had nightmares of me falling down with my baby Umar. Well.. sometimes if I walked alone, I have daymares where I imagined me falling down. And I will have this pained look on my face, which Dan once saw and demanded for an explanation. I am sure he wished he hadn’t.

Ermmm….. better be prepared ? He he… or neurotic, crazy woman… don't judge me... if you can, of course.
PS : I would still like to know what is magic in Malay though…Anyone ?

No comments: