Wednesday, June 11, 2008

That reminds me of…

Well… this incident happened quite recently. For the past 6-7 months, whenever I see a red or rather maroonish Kancil, I will remember the day Mr. Phang, my his-bark-is-worse-than-his-bite high school Maths teacher, almost killed me.

I know, I know… shocking ain’t it ? Well here goes,

I was driving happily (actually I am sure it is moodily or tiredly because I hate driving) from work. I was driving up the hill to the house when suddenly a maroonish kancil from the junction on the left (coming from Sek 8) swerved a hard right, into my lane and coming on to me fast.

I honked the car and saw the driver. He was distracted and was looking elsewhere. When I honked he looked at me, raised his hand in apology with a smile (he didn’t look taken aback at all) and veered of to the susur keluar lane on my left, very unsteadily I might add, instead of going into the lane on my right… which was the errmm….. right lane.… at the very last minute. He was still on the wrong lane and he is still not out of danger.

I gawped at him, very much shocked at his audacity and stupidity when I recognized Mr Phang. Mr Phang ? Biar benar !! He could’ve seriously injured me !! My teacher who taught me statistics and what nots could have given me angry purple bruises or even a broken bone or two!! He could've ceacked my windshield and damage my engine and cost me money !! Money that I have to save to pay for petrol !! Arrgghhhh !!!

I looked at the junction where he just exited and saw the occupants of the other cars’ shell-shocked face. Everybody’s mouth was in a neat ‘O’.

Can you imagine the tajuk berita ? Seorang guru terlibat dengan kemalangan dengan anak muridnya dulu-dulu yang sudah tua…. blah, blah, blah…

So that is why, because it is very much a new memory, I would inadvertently think about Mr Phang and that narrowly missed accident (and his ill-advised permed hair when I was in form 4) when I see a maroonish Kancil on the road.

Huh !!

No comments: