Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Sambungan cerita Babah

Day 4
Woke up sore because slept on a plastic recliner. Room very, very cold. Babah reminded me about the movers but decided to reschedule the activity. Sms-ed mover to postpone to next weekend.

Went home to get the kids. Set out for the hospital at 10 am and saw 2 lorries parked in front of the house. Went ahead anyway with a suspicion that the lorries are supposed to move my furniture. Turned back at Shell sek 9 and sure enough, there were men hauling my Janine sideboard.

Oh dear. Called Babah to explain the situation and helped with the moving. Done by 1 pm. Babah called to say that they have shaved him. Quickly collected the kids and started for the hospital.
 

Babah showed me his hairless body. Emm… didn’t like it. Looked like a shaved cat. Both of us very nervous. Babah very hungry. Promised to buy a delicious meal after surgery. Abang and Adik were worried but soon got lost in the Game Boy that re-appeared after going AWOL for a year.

About 2 pm the surgical nurses and orderly came with a wheeled bed. Transferred him and off we go. All of us very nervous. This is the first time Babah was admitted to the hospital. The very first time and surgery is involved. Hmmm…

Kissed him goodbye at the door and saw Dr Foo resplendent in his blue surgical uniform (my sister wears it to sleep. She said it is very comfortable) waiting for my husband.

Took the kids for lunch at the canteen. Then went up to the waiting room and….. well…. waited. 3 pm a staff came to say that we have to leave because they are starting renovations of the room. Now ? He gave me 15 more minutes to stay there after explaining my cause.

3.30 a lady staff came to ask whom I am waiting for. She told me Babah is done with his surgery and would be wheeled to his room soon. Went back to his room and after 5 minutes he arrived. Yeay !!

His eyes were closed. Abang and Adik looked anxiously at him and Abang of course asked a lot of questions. Suddenly we heard a very gruff "Abang !!". It came from his dad who was still asleep. He he….. Itulah, Abang. Orang yang pengsan boleh bangun dengar suara hang, tau dak ? We had to wait outside while they transferred him to his bed.

When we finally went in, the nurses came to take his blood pressure and temperature.

What are you doing ? He groggily asked. Following their explanation, he said can you do it tomorrow ? I am so sleepy…He he… the nurses giggled too and offered their apologies, but they insisted they have to do it.

After that the nurses came in every hour. He slept and slept and slept.

I woke him up once or twice, just to make sure that he is alive, but he still didn’t have his wits on. He kept requesting water but was refused until the Dr Foo comes and says so. But he has got a fever and wanted some pain relief. The nurses said there is nothing they can do about that.

A nurse woke him up about 8 and asked him to pee. He couldn’t. He tried a few times but to no avail. The nurse was concerned because he was already bloated. When the doctor came, they decided to insert a urinary catheter to help him pee. It was painful because when I was allowed in, his face was flushed. They had to empty his bag 3 times.

By this time Babah was ravenous and extremely thirsty. His breakfast privilege for that morning was withdrawn and therefore he had not eaten at all. He was only allowed sips of water after Dr Foo visited and was warned that he can only eat after he passes wind. Pulak.

We slept fitfully again. Him due to pain and me because I was worried. He was injected with pain killers twice during the night.

Day 5Babah wanted the house to be cleaned because he wants to move in as soon as possible so I left that morning and went straight to my in-laws to collect their maid and my mom’s to borrow hers. We worked non-stop until 2 pm. I had to go to Babah. I didn’t want him to wake up alone.

When I went back to the hospital with Abang, Adik and Esya in tow, I saw a bowl of half-eaten soup. I went to get him some jelly from the canteen, which he likes. He was still in pain and slept most of the time.

Went to Subang Parade to get new handphone ( the screen got smashed while I was cleaning the house ) and fed the kids. Went to Sushi King. Mum was worried because I was running around and force-fed me Vitamin C. Went back to the hospital.

He was much better and was allowed solids. Asked me to share his bed because didn’t want to sleep alone. I refused because I was worried about his stitches. The nurses visited him through out the night for his blood pressure and body temperature.

Day 6
I went to work. Luckily SJMC and Glenmarie are 10 minutes away so I went to see him during lunch. The doctor said he could be discharged ! Yeay !!

Still worried though because he was limping and in a lot of pain.

When I got home after work, he insisted to see the house. Didn’t go long because he was still in a lot of pain. We both slept fitfully again.

But the most important thing is he is okay. We got a picture of the said appendics. The doctor said it is mildly swollen but it is infected so they did the right thing. Insurance covered the stay so yeay !!
Thank you to all friends and colleagues who visited and called. Thank you for your concerns.
Appreciate it.

2 comments:

Norliana Abdul Rahman said...

lambat btyl aku baca blog org... hopefully hubby hang dah sihat!

Cik Puan Kamil said...

Dah sihat lah tapi tak boleh pakai belt pi kerja sebab doctor tu potong betul2 dekat line belt dia... Sakit jugak kalau bergesel... he he