Monday, August 04, 2008

Abang's doing a good job

I cried again last night… well what is new at that front, yeah ? We were in the car and the sight of tapak pasar tani brought me back to bulan puasa 5 – 6 years ago when Shera and I had a tudung raya shopping spree.

We were there for hours at end, looking, choosing, bargaining… Heat, hunger and thirst forgotten. I remember after we had bought so much we stumbled upon a gerai with a light green tudung on display. She squealed in delight and last night her face ( filled with pleasure and admiration for the said tudung ) at that very exact moment, looking at me while holding the tudung ( she was on tippy toes – both of us are very small ) flashed before me. So of course I cried.


Adik noticed me crying and of course was very much concerned. She touched my shoulder and asked, “What is wrong, Mummy ?” I lied, telling her I was not crying while my voice shook and sadness was much evident.

“Why are you crying, Mum ?” She asked again.

“Tak… I was just thinking of Cik Shera….I miss her….”

“Oh…..” She said and paused before saying, “It’s okay , Mummy. Everything will be all right….”.

Then I heard, “Adik… move away… Let me handle this….” He he….

So my son scooted near, hugged me from behind and murmured, “It’s okay, Mummy…. It’s okay… Everything will be all right….”, which was not different from what his sister said…

Thank you, babies. Forgive me… I do not know when I will be back to my old self… but please give me time. Things will be okay soon…..

But…. He he…

Two days ago, I came home and found Dahlya nad Jazmyn (my children's cousins) at home. Abang who was playing happily stopped what he was doing and approached me. He hugged me and said, “It’s okay, Mummy… Please don’t be sad , okay ??”

I was very shocked because I wasn’t crying or anything so I thought maybe the sadness was written all over my face. I was very touched by my son’s acute observation and obvious care when I heard he said, “Look Dahlya how I take care of my mother… I am doing a really good job….”

Eii… saja menunjuk ke atau memang you saw me very sad and wanted to comfort me ? 


Takpelah… Mummy bersangka baik dengan Abang kan ?

Hmmm….

2 comments:

5science1 said...

in wonderful memories with Puan Shera...Semoga Allah merahmati arwah selalu~

Al-Fatihah~

Cik Puan Kamil said...

Thank you. I assume you are (not gonna say were as you will always be, yeah ?) her student. Please pray for my sister okay ?