Thursday, September 04, 2008

Movie Review : Penelope

Ooohh…… I love this movie. James McAvoy is sooooo dashing, so lovely in this movie, what a hunk… His made his character looked soo romantic and gallant…with his face and ……. * sigh * ….. so what was Penelope about again ? Ha ha…

It is about the Wilherns who were cursed by the local witch. Legend has it that the Wilherns were cursed to have their first female heir born as a pig. The Wilherns were lucky as about 5 generations, the Wilhern women only produced male, until Penelope was born. She was actually extremely cute, snout and floppy pig’s ears included and I personally couldn’t see any problem… yeah, right.

Anyway Penelope was hidden away to escape the press and from small, she was taught how to be a bride because the only way to break the curse if a person of her own standing would love her for who she is.

So this story is her quest to find somebody that could break the curse. It is not that straight forward, though and please be prepared to be pleasantly surprised.

You already know how I feel about James. The other astounding actor is actually a midget who plays a reporter who is so determined to get Penelope’s pictures (and lost one eye in that process). Please take a good look at him because I keep thinking what an excellent actor this guy is.

Richard E. Grant was flawless as usual and played his role well. Sadly though Reese Witherspoon’s appearance was so short, can’t really pass judgement.

The other surprising thing is how gorgeous Christina Ricci looked. I mean I had always thought that her huge forehead ( a sign of a big, kind heart, mind you ) made her looked less attractive than she should, but somehow for this movie, they cleverly diverted my attention to her huge, beautiful eyes, I totally forgot to concentrate on her forehead. Oh… maybe the snout…. I dunno.
Watch it people, funny and witty. A feel good movie that would make you go, “Aww…. That is soooo nice…..”

2 comments:

Nuyui said...

I love this movie too. Christina is ever so babyface. Even my sister love to watch it over and over again until I have to hide the DVD away from her. hehe

Cik Puan Kamil said...

Comel kan... I love this movie....