Monday, September 22, 2008

Pokok ku, chocolate cake and the rest...

Announcement !!

Pokok bendi ku sudah berbuah !! Manyak-manyak pulak tuh !! He he…. happynya.

Pokok terung dah start berbunga balik… lovely purple flowers that I hope will turn into terungs… Ermm…. Bunga tu karang jadi buah kan ?

Anyway, had a very long weekend as usual. Long and tiring sure, but a happy one nonetheless.

After ambik anak2 from their classes (and seperti biasa bawak my Mum pergi Tesco), balik rumah and tak sampai 10 minit Dan pun sampai. By 2.30 we were already on the way to KLCC. Bliss…. Sejak dua-menjak kerja kat Shah Alam ni dah lama tak mengukur betapa besarnya KLCC ni. The kids lagilah dah lama tak pi KLCC because Dan and I totally refused to masuk KL during the weekends. Yelah… macam nak pi kerja je…

Babah bought something lovely for Mummy for Raya which Mummy is very grateful and thankful for. Thank you so much darling for the gift. I totally, totally love it. Tak sabar nak pakai for Raya !!

Balik Shah Alam around 4.30, golek-golek sat then went to Dan’s sister’s house for Dan’s nephews’ birthday buka. Makan-makan and sembang2 with Abang Kamal’s (Kak Wa’s hubby) sister Kak Ya which I really like, and her family and was very much shocked when somebody announced it was midnight. I thought baru pukul 9 !! Seriously. How time flies when you are having fun.

Helped Kak Wa and Abang Kamal to clean up, we arrived home at 1 am. Never partied this hard, okay ! Not even in my youth…. He he… Anyway, as usual had to wake up for sahur. Yawn !! Penatnya.

Sunday morning pegi Sg Buloh, nak ngebat lawn kami yang tak seberapa. Very much disheartened when found out that most of the flower plants I chose would die in 6 months time, if I am lucky. Definitely will replace the flower plants with more bendi and terung plants. Tahan lama sikit.

Singgah Tesco Extra (apparently berselisih with my close pal, Cho) to buy ingredients for lasagna for our pot luck that night. Ita called to say Yana and Esya wants to come over and off we rushed back home to wait for our lovely nieces.

Started cooking at 1. It takes a long time to make a good tomato sauce and I had the passata burbling on my stove for a good 3 hours before I added minced beef and mushrooms to make ragu. Made the béchamel sauce, chopped the garlic for the bread, sambil2 tu helped Dan tu plant the flowers and sedar-sedar dah pukul 6 !! Bunged the lasagnas in the oven, mandi and by 7, had the still sizzling lasagnas in the car.

Everybody was there already (except for the lovely Jubei and family of course) and the table was laden with goodness. Yum !! Buka sama-sama, laughed and exchanged stories and generally had a smashing time. I love my friends. All the food was good especially daging masak black pepper and Cho’s freshly baked chocolate cake. Nak recepi, Cho !!!

Paling best was when after 2 hours there, 9 month old Hazim baru perasan the existence of 6 months old Mohamed. Hazim crawled to Mohamed and greeted him with the best “Hai!!” I have ever heard. Mohamed responded and soon they were absorbed with each other, gurgling and laughing and exchanging smiles. Cho took pictures and I will put that in as soon as I get it. Beautiful !!

Sadly we had to leave early and not join in the terawikh because we had to go and visit Dan’s father who was just discharged from the hospital. Had to catch him before he sleeps.

The toll of the weekend is heavy on my shoulder. I can’t stop yawning and could feel a migraine creeping up. But I will not trade my lovely weekend for anything.

3 comments:

iKHMAR said...

Wah...
sangat seronok!

Sheik said...

semoga bapak dan sembuh.

semoga semua orang beraya dengan gelak-tawa

semoga semua orang bahagia

Cik Puan Kamil said...

Aminnnn....