Monday, September 29, 2008

Kain baju kurung

Yesterday I cried again. Went to Pasar Tani with Amelia for last minute tudung raya shopping. I had fun but every light green tudung reminded me of Shera.

I bumped into her mum at my parents’ home on Saturday. She was picking up my sister to collect our baju raya from the tailor. I was supposed to go on that trip, the trip to the tailor a month before her death. We planned excitedly to go into 2 cars because her mom and sister were going too and I was to meet her with my sister at her mom’s house. The day before the trip Babah told me his aunt, Mak Nina buat kenduri kesyukuran for her husband Pak Cik Basir who had just returned from a 6 months trip to Turkey.

So I called Shera to say that I can’t make it after all, as I had to go and visit Pak Cik Basir. So she picked up CY instead, armed with my kain and a baju for contoh.

Yesterday, I collected the new baju and mom showed me all her unmade kains. There were four that were returned. Shera’s mom didn’t want any and Ann, her sister only took one. There was the saree that MI bought for her from India (she was soo… gleeful that she got the first pick. None of us got there yet when MI last came home, and she snatched a lovely light brown/gold coloured saree. I called her to scream unfairness and she just laughed delightedly… so cheeky….), a red batik that mom said has ‘Shera’s taste’ written all over it and a dark blue embroidered kain that I gave her.

I remembered choosing the kain, unconsciously I was choosing it for her because although lovely I didn’t imagine myself in it. It was rather pricey at RM 260 but it was okay because I knew she is going to love it. So while the kids were at their art class, I went to her house with a bagful of kains. I took everything out and asked her to choose. I was right as she chose the one I had in mind for her. She was excited and happy as we discussed the best design for her.

Yesterday I took back the kain, clutching it to my chest on the ride home, bawling my eyes out because I didn’t get to see her in it.

Shera, Shera… how much I love you so. It has been too long since I last saw you, the heart is suffering. I miss you so much. I just wish that I had spent more time with you.

Takpe lah kan… I will visit you raya nanti. Love you lots and miss you bunches, dear sister.

3 comments:

iKHMAR said...

Ya Allah...
sedihnye bila terkenang Arwah Teacher Shera,..Semoga Arwah gembira dikelilingi orang2 yang menyayangi dirinya.Insya Allah~

Sheik said...

kadang-kadang, orang yang paling kita sayang itulah orang yang paling sebentar dapat disayangi..

jabishah said...

Selamat Hari Raya...

How were the girls on raya without ibu? I miss her too. Hugs & kisses to her girls. How is Syaufik?