Monday, October 13, 2008

My weekend

I went to Amelia’ house yesterday where she hosted a small raya gathering. When I went to hug Jubei, she laughingly asked “M, buat apa hari ni ? Selalu busy, baca blog you pun penat…..” I just laughed because seriously I was too tired to answer… Wahh !!

Okay Jubei, let me tell you of my weekend.

Saturday morning.

After Subuh started cleaning up the house. It consisted of first starting the washing machine with the dark colours. Soak the whites then collected the late night washing that was still hanging. Waved Babah goodbye (luckily he only needs juice for breakfast). Changed the sheets of my bed then Abang’s and Adik’s. Their bedding I put in the soft colour pile and mine has it’s own pile (King size… dengan bed sheets, duvet covernya and 6 pillowcases pun dah cukup penuh washing machine ku).

Bathed the kids and checked on their music homework. Swept the floor while repeating “Babah, mop” over and over again so I won’t forget to ask him to do so when he returns home. Then watered the plants. Since it is a weekend, I had time to carefully inspect my plants as oppose to weekdays where I only could afford to water them and rush to get ready for work.

Belek-belek (and steadfastly ignoring the cat crap near my terung plant. Adik who loves to follow me around said, “Mum !! The taik kucing is still there !!” And I answered, “Memanglah ! I don’t want to do anything about it and Babah pun tak nak buat… so of course it is still there !!” Susah betul lah….), cabut yang layu and cajoling the drooping ones to survive.

One good thing about the weekends is I don’t have to prepare breakfast. Yahoo !! He he…. Because Mak Cik kat Cili Merah tu yang masak. After Cili Merah as usual piano class then art. While sending the kiddies to Art Class, my sister called to say that her mom-in-law and S’s mom-in-law are coming over to the house for Raya. Sighed. My sisters wanted lasagna but I have to visit Kak Ya (my biras Abang Kamal’s sister) dekat Gombak. Did some mental calculations and told CT that I will cook the sauces and layer the lasagna but she has to bake it. Okay. Then she added Corn Pudding. Aduih…

Picked up CY at my mom’s for grocery shopping at SACC, sent the groceries into the car and went back inside SACC to find nice moulds for my pudding. And I so needed a book, but tak sempat masuk MPH. What to do….
-
Sent CY back home first, went to fetch my kids, went home and started hanging the clothes to dry. Bung in the soft colours in the washing machine, and started folding the now dry last night’s washing.

Started lunch of Kuew Tiew Cantonese for my kiddies while waiting for Babah to come home. Started making the corn pudding after lunch and by 3.30 called Kak Wa to say can’t make it to Kak Ya’s house because Babah is not back from his office.

Made the lasagna and had a quick nip to the garden to shear all the drooping plants.

Bathed the kids, had a bath myself and by 8 went to mum’s house with the very hot lasagna and very cold pudding. Helped to set the table, cook the cucoq and layan the guests while I shoveled copious amounts of cucoq. I so love cucoq udang.

Helped with the cleaning up when the guests left at 11 and arrived home around 12. Tidur.

Sunday ? Well Ana ajak pegi beli bunga. Babah who loves Ana dearly agreed but when we got to my mom’s house at 10 (after all the lipat kain and basuh cadar and mopping and siram bunga etc) Ana tak bangun lagi. CY and Mum followed instead because Abang and Adik didn’t want to go.

I love going to Sungai Buloh but sadly the flowers that I want tak ada but luckily I found the ceramic bowl/pasu that I so coveted. Babah said if I want the pasu, I have to buy the flowers right away. Fine, bought some flowers that I do not like but hikmah di sebaliknya was I found some gorgeous strawberry plants in pots !! Bought one and I now have a strawberry plant complete with beautiful fruits hanging near my darling red door. What a coup ….

Sent mum and CY home and Babah and I went inside too (makan kuih raya). Had a lovely chat and somehow the discussion went to lunch menu. Babah told my mum to decide where to go for lunch while we go and visit his parents.

At Babah’s mum’s house, Mum called to say she decided on Asiari so we went to pick her and CY up and off we go to SACC. Went home in a rush because need to do my planting before the rain comes.

Dig, dig (no worms this time), plant, plant. Babah accompanied me by reading the newspaper at our patio (it is not a patio… more of a patio tak jadi… benci aku). Hujan came.

Despite my sighing, my job was done so I had the first opportunity to relax since Saturday. I read the papers leisurely in the kitchen when Babah’s mom came for a visit. After that mandikan budak2, had a bath myself and went to Amelia’s house.

Had a lovely time as usual when I am with this group of friends and I was totally relaxed. So relaxed was I, I didn’t even lift a bowl to be thrown or even went into her kitchen to help at all !! Sorry Melia and Sib !! Penat giler….
So that was when I met Jubei and she asked if I was busy that day. So really Jubei this entry is for you !! He he…….

PS : Bila baca balik entry ni nampak macam aku sorang je dalam dunia ni yang buat kerja rumah... he he... nak delete sayang sebab panjang bebenor.

5 comments:

iKHMAR said...

Tak payah padam...
coz sentiasa syiok membaca blog ini walaupun panjang!

liadevega said...

I think semua moms yg takde maid buat alot of errands tanpa disedari it is actually many chores put together...that's explain kenapa kakiku lenguh macam lepas exercise at the end of the day.

btw myra, tak payahla basuh cadar/tanam pokok tiap2 minggu...penatler.

me said...

fuh...nak baca pun penat! anyway pesan amir, jagalah charger gameboy tu elok2 :D

Sheik said...

yang penting lepas buat semua kerja-kerja berpeluh tu ialah mandi :-)

Cik Puan Kamil said...

Yes... terima kasih sahabat2 ku. Sheik sesungguhnya aku mandi sebelum sembahyang Maghrib.

Kamalia... garden ku kosong sekarang sebab tu kena tanam bunga selalu... sebelum penuh. Cadar tu kena cuci sebabnya.... 2 out of 4 of my household buat peta masa tidur..

Sib... akan ku beli peti besi untuk simpan charger tu.

Ikhmar... memang sayang nak padam sebab dah terlalu panjang... membazir perkataan2 tu semua...