Monday, October 20, 2008

Kisah Gameboy charger Amir dan misteri kehilangannya.

Very mysterious. As Adik once said to me when she found a single white sock in my car, “This is a mystery, Mummy….” She said, dangling the very smelly sock between her fingers, “Mana yang lagi satu ?” He he…

Anyway, while at Amelia’s house, I saw Amir playing with a Nintendo (I think) and was reminded of Sib offering Amir’s Gameboy charger. He gave it to me and then the cutest thing happened (this cute incident is not the mystery, kay. The mystery is coming…), Amir started to get teary eyed. He touched the charger a few times, then took it to his mom and requested for the charger’s picture to be taken…. For keepsake purpose.

Apparently he gets attached to his stuffs, that every little bit matters and he just couldn’t bear to part with any of his possessions. So looking at his reaction, of course I didn’t want the charger. I asked Sib to take it back and Sib of course refused. I couldn’t bear to look at Amir’s stricken face, I was so racked with guilt and when we were about to leave, being me, I asked Babah to hide it from Amir’s view.

When we were already comfortable in our own home folding and ironing the clothes while watching the telly, I suddenly remembered the charger and abruptly I was overwhelmed with the need to play… entah apa nama ntah game tu… Fuiyoo…. Punya lama dah tak main, sampai lupa nama game….

I asked Babah for the charger. “Oh, in the car !” He said and promptly collected the keys to his vehicle (apparently he too is consumed with the need to play it). 10 minutes later he came back in grumbling that he couldn’t find it. “I think I gave it to you !” Which exasperated me because he says that a lot to shift blame.

My denial that I even touched the thing in the car made him go back to his vehicle the second time for another search. He came to us empty handed again.

“Bah !! You jangan main-main. Kesian kat Amir … takkan nak pi mintak lagi. Mentang2 ada lagi satu, you boleh hilangkan satu !!”

So he went again. When he came back full of “I think I gave it to you” and “I’m sure you yang pegang dalam kereta.”, I decided it is time for me to have a go. I couldn’t disappoint Amir… he he. I marched outside, yanked open the car door and there it was, right in front of my eyes.

Babah’s embarrassed grin irked me further as I launched into a tirade of why only women have eyes.

So it was very mysterious why Babah took 3 searches and a lot of bebelans and failed to locate it but it took me 1 second, a measly second to find it.

6 comments:

Sheik said...

aku hilang spek last week. one whiole day tak pakai spek. satu rumah aku cari, satu rumah dengar aku bebel tapi tak jumpa. penat turun naik tangga tak jumpa jugak.

balik kerja, mak aku kata: dah jumpa spek. atas peti ais.

isk! apasal aku tak nampak padahal dah 4-5 kali tengok kat situ??

Cik Puan Kamil said...

Misteri jugak tu, Sheikh.... kenapa mal hang buleh nampak tapi hang tak buleh... he he

iKHMAR said...

Hahaha...laki ni x teliti kot. hehehe~

liadevega said...

sebab mulut lebih mencari dari mata.. :)

Cik Puan Kamil said...

Ikhmar very astute obeservation.

Kamalia, hang seribu kali betui. Cuba cari barang tu snegap-sengap. Ni nak membebel lagi, concentration tu dah lari...

Nuyui said...

I'm a female, and I'm still searching for my missing pendrive. : ( Anyone wanna help?