Monday, September 08, 2008

Busynya aku...

What a busy Saturday I had.

No maid on weekends. I had always sent my maid(s) to my mom’s during that time as I have always preferred to have the house to my own. Bathe the kids, wash the bajus, simpan the pinggans in the cabinets, blah, blah, blah….

10 am took Kak Idah, my mother’s maid to do her medical check-up. Since it was to be done at Sek 7 near Restoran Hakim, I had to go round a big circle since I do not want to pass by the site where my sister-in-law passed away.

Left her and my mom there and rushed to send my kids to their piano lessons. To avoid that road, pusing masuk Federal highway. Arrived at 10.35, 5 minutes late. Bought groceries, collected my kids again and send them to art class. Mum called at 11 to say they are done. Made a big turn again, and collected my mom. Masuk Federal again to send Kak Idah home. Rain was super duper heavy. Mum wants to go to Shah Alam Mall. Okay, but first went to SACC to buy more tanah because my pokok terung is dying.

Left mom in the car at the basement. Luckily the owner of the nursery is around this time, as opposed to his Bangladeshi worker whose instructions I couldn’t really understand when I first bought the pokok terung. Seek his advise but had to wait for 20 minutes for him to attend to a customer who was really, really fussy. Well, she did arrive first, but she was fussy nonetheless.

Anyway, went back to car suitably knowledged with tanah in tow when Mum announced her need to go to Tesco Extra to stock up on prawns. It was already 12.35 and I had to pick up my children at 1. Rushed there, collected the prawns, naively thinking that my mother could be content with just prawns. Left at 1.05, and arrived 15 minutes late. Luckily I had the insight to warn Ivy about my late arrival.

Went to Baker’s Cottage next door to get Elsa’s lunch and our (Dan and myself) buka. We have a Chinese wedding to go to and have to buka in the car on the way to the reception.

Came home and Dan was already there. Cleaned up the house, made the bed and so on and so forth. At 3 Ita called and ajak pegi KLCC to buka with my parents. Declined the offer but asked her to take my children. Okay.

At 3.30 my tailor Kak Mazlina called to say my kebaya for the evening dah siap. Yeay ! Collected the keys and set my way to seksyen 27. As I was passing pasar seksyen 6, I saw a silver car lying sideways across the road. Few cars were packed at the roadside and I saw some men running to it. Astargfirullahaladzim !! Accident. My chest was beating fast as I too stopped at the side. When I got out of the car, I noticed a police petrol car was behind me. As I ran to the scene, they have lifted up a girl from the car. They put her to the roadside and she sat shakily on the pavement, bawling her eyes out. Then I saw them lifting up another girl, the driver and put her next to me. She was crying and her hand was bleeding. A girl from a Waja car saw the blood and grabbed a box of tissues from her car. Together we tried to wipe the blood from her hand.

Her friend came to her, gave her a hug and lifted up her sleeve to look at the wound and it was not pretty, I tell you. The girls wailed louder. As this was happening, the men lifted the car up and put it aside and the policemen was minding the traffic (they came out with senapangs I do not know for what).

All the while I was putting her to right, I asked her to go to DEMC with me but she never answered. I think she was in shock and couldn’t register what I was saying. I called her Dik, Cik, Yang and every kind of non-personal name I could think of but she just kept crying. Then her friend said that she called her boss and they are on the way from seksyen 7.

I shed a few tears also thinking well…. this must be how people helped Shera. The only difference was they had to deal with her body and not her crying uncontrollably. The men approached us and some asked if I want to take her to the hospital. I explained that I offered many times but she wouldn’t answer.

Another asked me again and I repeated that I tried but she just kept crying. Then a policeman came and asked if anybody would want to take her to the hospital and again I explained. Her friend again said that their boss is on the way but the masses agreed that there is no point to wait for the boss and to ask the boss to go to the hospital instead. Then another petrol car came and the policemen discussed among themselves and agreed that they will take her to the hospital. As the petrol car parked beside us, she fainted.

Her friend was hysterical, hugging her. A blue Honda Civic arrived and a man in kopiah and a woman came running to the girls. The boss offered to take the girls to the hospital and went to get his car nearer. The lady looked at the carnage and said, “Kereta saya tu !!” I did not find it weird because sometimes people just had to say something and most of the times they say the wrong things or state the obvious. Of course the masses did not react well to her statement.

“Takpelah….” Said one although in a soft tone, I could detect his disbelief. “Dia orang selamat…” He added. At that I left the scene and got into my car. As I started my car, the guy that was heading the operation, a man I think in his mid-40s carried the fainted girl to the car. Kuat sungguh.

Anyway, continued my journey to Kak Mazlina’s house, took the kebaya and went home. Arrived home about 4.45 and quickly bathed the kids. 5.20 Cik Ta arrived to take them to KLCC and Dan and I got ready for Aik Peng’s wedding. 6.15 left the house to pick up Dan's work pictures from the kedai gambar, went to Zul’s house thinking Dan’s mum was there with my watch then turned around to Dan’s mum’s house because she wasn’t there yet and off we go to Sri Damansara Club. Buka puasa on the way with a very fiery chicken curry bun and custard pudding. Got there near 8, did our Maghrib and joined the wedding party and what a party it was.

First of all it didn’t start until 8.30 and the Muslims were ravenous. Aik Peng and Wei Han entered the restaurant amidst a standing ovation. Oohh… the Chinese movies were not exaggerating after all. We were to expect nine dishes but I didn’t know they all came one by one.

First the starter with yam cake in the middle and variety of dishes around it. Then the shark’s fin soup followed by steamed fish. Next came roast chicken, prawns, vegetables and nasi goreng last. Mafa whose hunger couldn’t be staved without nasi was frantic. When the coveted dish finally came near 11, we were relieved for her. Lastly was Chinese pancakes and pau kaya plus longan and sea coconut soup.

It was a good wedding with good food. We had three tables of current and ex-colleagues and it was fun catching up on news. Even Dan had a marvelous time because we were at the same table as Marieanne, the loudest, funniest person I know, and who kept us in stitches.

We left the reception at 11 am, after all the yam sengs and speeches that Jessie had to translate for us. We were sleepy and tired by 10 but decided to soldier on because we had fun and because we were curious of the proceedings. Partly also because we were afraid Marieanne wouldn’t let us go…. He he….

We met a massive traffic jam just before tol batu 3 and suspected vehicle accident. Sure enough, after was passed an ambulance we saw a smashed white car with police and ambulance crew not to forget curious onlookers surrounding it. Since the internal light of the car was on, I could see a man unconscious on the driver’s seat. I hope he is alive, for the sake of his family.

Singgah 7-11 seksyen 11 because Mum was not feeling too well. Bought koyok and Wood’s Peppermint lozenges for her. Went to Mum’s house to giver her the medicine and to collect our kids.

12 something the bedroom light was switched off but my mind was buzzing with too much activity and refused to switch off. Sedar-sedar dah 4 pagi and time for sahur. I had to start all over again. Hmmmm……..

5 comments:

liadevega said...

Ala,
penatnya I baca all your activities plus so many highlights of the day pulak tu... u makan vitamin apa ye?

Cik Puan Kamil said...

Vitaminnya is called Terpaksa... he he...

iKHMAR said...

wah...
so sibuk!
you're totally SUPER WOMAN!!

& jgn lupe, pandu cermat sentiasa...

Norliana Abdul Rahman said...

penatnyer baca... len kali bawak maid mai umah on weekends!

Cik Puan Kamil said...

He he... I take that as a compliment Konot... Umah hang ka umah I yang nak hantaq tu ?