Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Ada orang belanja minyak...

Something funny but sweet happened to me the other day. On the way back from work, I stopped by for gas at Petronas next to Tesco Extra. As I was filling my hungry car (very hungry inefficient Gen-2) I heard a soft, “Kak… Kak…” from my right.

I turned and saw a young Indian man looking at me, gas pump nozzle in his hand.

“Ya ?” Said I.

“Kak… saya ada minyak lebih ni kak. Akak nak tak ? Tank saya dah penuh lah…” He asked politely. I peered over at his side and saw a motorcycle.

Entah kenapa aku naik segan… he he….

I said to him, “Eh.. kan boleh pegi mintak duit balik kat counter. Mintak refund balik lah….” Said I while consciously aware that I just gave my son a lecture on if people offer you something, just take it, don’t let him hanging there. I gave him that talk because after his recent hair cut, the barber fellow offered him sweets before we left. However because the sweet he offered was Kopiko which my son doesn’t like, he politely refused. The barber fellow insisted and my son again refused then I cubit him and asked him to just take it. Both the barber and me sighed in relief when he did, for some reason. Sometimes people could take offense if their act of benevolence is rejected, right ? So there I was, rejecting this lovely boy’s offer. However it was his turn to look segan.

“20 sen je lah, kak. Malas nak pegi sana ambik balik 20 sen….”

He he….. I really shouldn’t refuse people’s kind gesture kan ? So I smiled sweetly at him and asked him to wait while I finished pumping gas. When I withdrew my nozzle, he was kind enough to fill in his 20 sen worth of minyak for me.

However both of us flamed in embarrassment again when it took him probably 2 seconds to do it. I gave him my brightest thank you, he went red in the face again and we went on our separate ways.
-
I will always remember this nice chap who belanja me minyak… Seriously, he could have just left the 20 sen in the pump right, but he didn’t want to waste…. SO dia sedekah...He he….

5 comments:

Sheik said...

wife aku pernah ada orang kereta depan baarkan tol kat federal hiway...

tu kes ngorat...tapi tak boleh la aku jealous sebab masa tu kami belum kawin..hehhe

Cik Puan Kamil said...

Fuyoo... kalau tol kl to kedah best tuh... he he

Nuyui said...

We do have to accept people's offer but then, what if orang tu bagi kite benda yang tampered with? I'm saying this due to past experience.

Cik Puan Kamil said...

That is dangerous. What happened ?

Nuyui said...

It's from a close friend actually. I nampak diaorang simpan something. Masa tu I was in Primary 6. I buanglah after they give it to me. Right in front of their faces.