Friday, June 24, 2011

Just wanna say hi...

So it is midnight and as my son always love to say it, it's today's tomorrow !

Indeed ...

I have orders of chicken lasagna and like 200 cream puffs. Okay, the problem with

1) chicken lasagna is I have never done one. I have protested but the person who ordered was confident that I could overcome whatever problem I have in my head. The only time I use minced chicken is for halal scotch eggs (hehhe... have to stress the halalness) and chicken balls. I am not liking the way my chicken ragu is looking right now.

2) cream puffs... tak jadi !! Setelah bertahun-tahun buat, today of all the days it didn't turn out like how it should. And aku super berpeluh sebab the client wants it for her hantaran.

Help !

I was on leave since Tuesday. Kamil... well... dia buat perangai lagi and quit his job. So since he is on in-between-jobs holiday and knowing his perangai yang susah sangat nak ambik cuti, we took the opportunity to have a short holiday in Terengganu. Kamil told the kids he wants to see where I was born. Ada aje....

So we went early Tuesday morning and came back Thursday afternoon. Friday morning we were busy in and out of abang and adik's school then busy beli barang for the orders that I took and then pegi jumpa abang's paed for his appointment.

And then now, aku sakit kaki macam hapa aje, worrying about the cream puffs that are not puffing as they should.

Will tell more about our Terengganu trip next entry.

Anyway, we had a kenduri doa selamat last weekend. Family and extremely close friends only as I couldn't find my cutleries so in order tak nak meminjam dari sapa-sapa and risk losing theirs (cutleries like to hide themselves), so aku invited agak-agak cukup sudu aku aje.

Hehehhe....

It was a success as far as kenduris go. MI didn't come though. The only way I could think of to lure him back was promising joget lambak after orang balik but still he didn't come so no joget lambak. Darn.... heheh.

Okay, my second batch of cream puffs still failed to puff....

Early morning ketung ketang in the kitchen nampaknya.

Sigh.....

3 comments:

Shaheera said...

so i guess lepaking today is off then? hehe. lost your number, my dear. been waiting to catch you online at work...to confirm, now i know why you haven't been online. good luck with the orders!

Cik Puan Kamil said...

Alamak... lupa giler I Shaheera... Next weekend ?

Ah-Zee said...

whenever my choux pastry failed to puff, more often than not coz the batter was too 'lembek' coz i ter-add more liquid @ egg. maklumlaa egg sizes differ kan. so these days, i stick to med-sized eggs.. large ones reserved for cakes je.

either that or one of the ingredients must hv been 'off'. keje membaking nie kena pandai buat investigative work jugak... cam CSI lah pulak kita kan.. heh

next wk, my turn to tackle choux pastry. my auntie ordered 300 eclairs for her husband's side punya wedding reception. harap2 no glitch.. insyaAllah

lama i tak drop in here.. byk entries kena backtrack. ur blog used to be my staple read.. time tuh i masa keje lagi. now dah berhenti.. makin kurang plak aktiviti blog-hopping. glad to know all's well wif u. i still love reading ur entries... esp abt ur witty & funny kids.