Wednesday, November 07, 2012

Adik tak leh nangis

I remember that day, while I was crying, curled up on the sofa while MJ and Kamil buried Moggy, Adik came to me, face all troubled.
“I can’t cry, Mummy… I am so sad about Moggy but I just can’t cry…” She squeezed her eyes shut tightly, willing for the tears to actually come.
“Maybe you don’t love him as much ?” I suggested. To tell you the truth, I am rather curious about her, my little girl. It is quite hard for her to shed tears, unless instigated by anger. Which is soo unlike her Abang who could cry at a moment’s notice, meleleh air mata if there are things that upsets him.
Meleleh air mata aje tau, bukannya meraung..
Anyway, my daughter protested saying, “But I do love him as much, but I just can’t cry. Why ?” I pulled her into a hug and didn’t answer because seriously, I have no idea why.
Two to three days afterwards, while in the car Abang and Adik were having a discussion about Moggy, reminiscing I suppose when the conversation turned into Adik’s lack of crying.
“Why didn’t you cry when he died ? “ Abang queried.
“I was sad…..” was the reply.
“You can’t cry…” he accused.
“I can too ! I cry every morning when I wake up !”
HAhahahahha…. I had to masuk campur at that point. “Itu throwing tantrum namanya, bukannya menangis sedih…..”
Nasib baik sengih… Kalau start menangis payah gak.
Anyway, between then and now, she had said so many, many funny stuffs cuma whenever I sit down to write about it, I dah lupa. Bila I bawak kereta sorang-sorang boleh lah pulak ingat.
Oh.. I remember one now.
It was ages ago. Masa tu raya I think and Abang was feasting (and I mean it in every sense of the word) on Tok’s cooking. In between mouthfuls, he commented, “Tok is such a good cook. Tok is the best cook for native food and Mummy is the best Italian and English cook…”
Hehehhe…
Adik pulak tanya, “What is native food, Abang ?”
“Macam nasi lemak, nasi goreng like that….”
And Adik naik hot, “You mean makanan biasa ? Malay ? Why do you say native food ? Why do you like to use words yang orang lain tak tahu ?”
Hehhehehehehehhehe…….

No comments: