Thursday, November 29, 2012

Pembantu rumah

So … aku tak ada pembantu rumah sekarang.
Because my helper Yus nak sangat balik sebab nak kawin dengan pacarnya. “Saya udah berpisah dengan suami saya….”Hmmm….  Wokey. I fervently hope lafazan cerai ada berlaku….
So in June, I sent her home with a heavy heart. She is not good at her job true, but the kids love her and dia tak banyak cakap. Plus, good or not, yang penting she is there for the kids.
We were maidless for a month where every morning is a mad scurry to prepare for the kids’ stay with the ILs. My heart went to them every time I waved them from the door, merendeh-rendeh dengan bags filled with after school clothes, slippers and school bags which they will lug around until home time.
The kids came home feeling tired because they have no room of their own at Atuk’s house, their own stuffs and the luxury to do the things that they want. Adik once said that she felt like painting that day and was disappointed because she had forgotten to bring her set. Esoknya, tambah lagi satu bag berisi her painting stuffs pulak.
After a month of doing that, I found a temporary one. Lebih kurang Yus aje budak tu. Diam aje. Aku tension dengan minah ni because I have to specify everything I want her to do. Please buang sampah pun perlu di-specify. Kalau aku tak specify, berulat benda tu kat inside the kitchen bin. Jadi aku yang tak suka menyuruh-nyuruh and prefers you- follow- what- I- do adage spent weeks cleaning up the house. But one good thing about her, she religiously followed suit.
Then after 3 months, dia pun nak kawin. Apalah halnya ni. What is it about me that mana-mana aje maid yang datang mesti nak kawin gak. Neti and Bibik Suriati too did that. They are both happily married now. Bibik Suriati is almost 50 and lost her husband 10 years ago, okay ? Tak pernah pulak cakap pasal ada boyfriend and tetiba when she called to say hello, she sprang “Bibik udah kawen…” to me. Nak jugak aku pengsan masa tu.
So… the kids are back living like nomads. Nasib baik cuti sekolah so they don’t have to tow extra luggage to school. And nasib tak baik jugak cuti sekolah. Because they have duduk tegak and mind their behavior and just follow other people’s lead whole day long. No luxury to baring-baring tengok telly, or their favourite videos or play with the neighbours’ kids or paint or baring dalam bilik sendiri, or belek their card collection or main PS3 yang Babah baru beli. The PS3 yang Babah promised bukannya untuk main game tapi untuk tengok Blue Ray.
I have never seen him do that even once.
And for me… well… Kamil sebenarnya yang bermasalah. Dia yang kena basuh baju, iron baju, bagi anak makan, cuci toilet etc sebab I have been coming home late.
Well….dah dia yang sanggup…
Moving on… hari tu I asked Adik to help me send something to the kitchen. We were up in the room and there were just the 2 of us at home because Kamil and Abang went to play football. My little girl although can be very feisty and sassy, she can also be very, very penakut.  Bukan scraredy-cat dah tapi scaredy-lion. Oleh itu, dia mintak aku teman. “Saya takuuuttt…” she said with a sheepish smile. Laa… what is the point of me asking you to do it if I have to teman you ? Might as well I do it on my own, yeah ?
So….
Mum : Takut apa  ?
Adik : Hantu..
Mum : Takut apa ngan hantu ?
Adik : Nanti dia cekik saya..
Mum : Have you ever read in the papers about anybody yang kena cekik dengan hantu ? Pernah tak ?
Adik : Vampire can suck my blood….
Mum : Vampire doesn’t exist ! Have you ever baca dalam paper pasal orang kena gigit dengan vampire ? Itu semua cerita dalam telly. Not real !
Adik : Okay… what if saya kena rasuk ?
Damn….
Mum : Okay lah, okay lah… Jom turun.
Haisshh !!

6 comments:

Norliana Abdul Rahman said...

hang punya anak dara ni lawak betul lah... hihi

kay_leeda said...

yeahhhh marilah bersama-sama I breaking our backs, meng-kasarkan kulit yg tulus mulus meng-mop rumah and mencuci toilet. It's pweeeeetttyyyyy cool u know :P Well that's been my life story for the past year or so. Dah tu semua bibik gatai nak lari ikut pacar, kawen and do all sorts of "geli-geli" stuffs kann....

Cik Puan Kamil said...

Konot.. lawak mangkuk ayun...haha

Cik Puan Kamil said...

Kak Kay... waa ! Tension tau !! I dah lah sekarang macam ada vertigo. Asyik2 pening... I beberapa kali ingat perut ada isi... Macamana nak buat kerja rumah ?

Cik Kiah said...

I think the alasan nak kahwin tu is like their SOP : kalau dah tak mau kerja sila bilang sama majikan kamu mauk kawin, gittew.

Aku lak yang tension!

Cik Puan Kamil said...

Hehhehe... Terima kasih kerana tension untuk saya...