Thursday, February 22, 2007

I just found a great book and… it’s great sequel. It is called “ Size 12 Is Not Fat “ by Meg Cabot, the author of the Princess Diaries series. Dear friends, the book is hilarious. Now, I am not a big fan of the Princess Diaries movies, as it was too peachy. Too feel good.

But I liked the title of Ms. Cabot’s adult book and I have been looking at it for months… well maybe even years as after awhile the sequel “ Size 14 Is Still Not Fat “ came out. I wanted to buy but didn’t want to invest in a book that is so-so because seriously, I have been doing that lately. I have 3 books that I bought this year that I regretted buying. I was fingering the book and 1 by Peter Mayle ( which I am sure would be good as I have 3 of his and they were all very enjoyable ) when I decided, what the heck, let’s just try a Ms Cabot piece as 2 of her books were made into a movie. It shouldn’t be that bad, right ?

I loved it. I finished it in 1 day. The morning after I finished the book, I told Dan that we have to go to MPH again as I want to get the sequel. Just my luck when we went to get our mail from our old house, I received a voucher from MPH. Yippee…. !! That very night I went to SACC and bought the sequel at a cheaper price.

This time, I went slow. I do not want to finish it too soon. I want to savour every moment and every word. I want to imagine it properly so that when I see the movie ( of course it will be turned into a movie ), I can comment with good authority.

Okay, who hasn’t had a favourite book ruined by the movies ? Me ? A lot. First was the Great Expectations by Charles Dickens. The movie was different from the book. Especially the ending. Then Emma by Jane Austen. Then they spoilt Lord Of The Rings by taking out my favourite characters from the first book. In fact, why haven’t they done the prequel the Hobbit yet ? The Harry Potter series was followed religiously though and funnily, I somehow feel that they should divert a bit as it became too predictable… pulak… he he….

1 comment:

Yasmin said...

kat sini all books are in dutch... tension...eh, amazon.co.uk kan ada... apa daa