Wednesday, March 28, 2007

My stupid brother

Mail is sooo stupid.
Dan and I picked him up yesterday at KL Sentral. Since his 2 years stay in India, he came back with a really funny accent. We were catching up and I asked him why he has a very strong American accent ? His abang Dan said “ A-ah, menyampah gila dengar . Kau gi belajar kat mana Mail ? “ Mail laughed and said it is probably because he hangs out with some Indian Americans and he most likely got it from them.

Fine enough.

Then I complained about my tonsillitis firing up again and he started to explain the workings of the tonsils. All the while he was explaining, Dan and I exchanged puzzled looks. It was really funny.

Dan : Mail, apasal keluar accent Indian Mail ?

Mail : Ha ?

Ala : Mail, tadi berabuk speaking American, sekarang awat cakap macam Indian ?

Mail : Ye ke ? ( quite for awhile ) Sebab cikgu yang mengajar aku semua Indian lah kot…

Dan : Jadi, bila kau bersembang keluar accent mat salleh tapi bila cakap pasal medicine keluar accent India ? ( Ala and Dan started to laugh )… Kau bodoh Mail…..

Mail : Aaa…. Abang Dan teruk….

After that, he lost all control and his speech became a mix of Malay, Indian and American brogue… he he…

Then Mail regaled us with a story that further skewered his reputation.

He said one day they had to learn how to do CPR on a dummy. The lecturer’s instruction was to act as it really happened. One by one went and then came Mail’s turn. He was, I should say, a tad ( or much more ) too much.

He pretended that he was walking happily when he saw a man lying unconscious on the floor. He let out a small scream and rushed to the dummy. “ Sir are you okay sir ? Are you okay ? “ Then he looked at an imaginary on looker and barked an instruction to call the ambulance. He then shouted at the dummy to answer him, shook and slapped it a bit and then proceeded to perform the CPR. He was all panicky and concerned. Halfway, he looked at the dummy and pleaded for it to not die on him.

I didn’t know how he finished it because Dan and I were laughing. He said he stood up to a stunned audience and a gawping lecturer. “ Ismail, you are too dramatic, “ was all the afore-mentioned professor said. And my brother replied, “ But you said we have to act like it really happened, “.

I asked him what possessed him to do such thing. I had done CPR training to get Safety Passport to go offshore and nobody did what he did, in my class at least. “Well, I want him to remember me. And who knows, there will be an extra mark for that. Maybe, he was busy admiring my acting, he forgot to look closely at what I was doing,”.

“ Ala, “ he added, “ I am sure they wished they had popcorns in their hands at that time… “

“ Mail, “ I replied, “ were Amitabh Bachan visiting your uni at that time ? “

At that he bellowed a laughter. Dan ?

“ You are sooo stupid Mail….”

Hmm…………….

3 comments:

liadevega said...

Ha ha..this is so funny...tapi no surprise la...you pun mmg camtu la Ala...over acting!

Cik Puan Kamil said...

I know Kamalia... I know... what hope do my children have ?

Anonymous said...

ha ha sakit perut aku gelak baca cerita adik hang! really make my day. doctor-to-be tuh, don't play play.