Monday, July 28, 2008

Dear Shera......


Dear Shera,

Ita told us she wrote you a letter and felt better and so I thought I should do the same because I so desperately wants to feel better again.

I am not going to the whys and the hows because there is no point in that. I just know that Allah SWT had always wanted the good guys to be with Him and therefore I am not surprised that he chose you.

Shera…you have been such a gift to us, with your energy, love and kindness. I truly love you and I miss you so much. Mummy kept saying how empty the week has been and I wholeheartedly agree because I see you almost every week, don’t I ? We either pass each other in and out of Mum’s house or bumping into each other at Giant or whatever or just meeting up (like when we had our rendezvous at the sek 8/sek 9 junction 2 weeks ago), not seeing you at all is a bit surreal.

How have we been holding up ?

Us girls of course tried our best to not cry especially in front of your kids. We pine and wish for you and cry and cry and cry.

Mum… well… She’s confined to her room most of the time. She clutched your wedding pictures and looked lost. We are definitely worried about her, knowing how close you two are. None of us ate by the way and I wish I could show you my flat tummy !!

Ayah was away in Sarawak when you left us. He was in a meeting when Mummy called him and broke down there and then. The person that he was in a meeting with there did not allow Ayah to sleep alone in his hotel and took him to his home and Ayah slept in his guest room. Such kindness.

Ijat couldn’t handle his grieve and ran away to his dorm the day we buried you. He only called to cry and that was it. He came home on Saturday though and played with your babies.

Mail…. We haven’t told him yet. We will break him the news when he returns home next month. We fear his reaction and I do not look forward to it at all. I know he will get angry and start breaking things.

Syafiq…. well… he loves you so much despite everything Shera. He can’t be alone, neither can Mum actually, we have to constantly be at home to make sure they are okay.

Dan is not doing well either. He cried loads and kept calling me to say nothing at all. He can’t work and always wanted to be at Mum’s house for some reason. He sat on Mum’s bed, slept on Mum’s bed (Mummy had to sleep on the mattress on the floor) and just wanted to be with us.

I went to your grave for the first time yesterday. Didn’t do well because I vomited as soon as I got home.


Since our reaction to your passing is as severe as this, I couldn't imagine your parents' grief. We meet up a lot with your family. Luckily we got on very well with them, our two families are just like one huge one. I remember during Esya's birthday party I commented to Dan howmuch I love your family. So open and welcoming... no wonder you are like that.

Tapi kan Shera your first tahlil we did badly. I didn’t know where Mum put all her good plates and the cutleries and we were running around to get thing organized for you. As I was cutting the cupcakes (you would like it…it was delicious), I was expecting you to come and say, “Apa lagi nak buat, La?” and taking over as really it was you who had always run the show. But you didn’t come and I had to finish cutting the cakes alone and ordering the rest of what to do. At the end, I said, “Sorry, Shera. Your kenduri didn’t go so well. I will do better next time…”. Marlin broke down and cry when she heard what I said.

You have never been my sister-in-law but my own kakak. I have always told people how blessed we are to have such person who was willing to be our family… all of us didn’t have a choice…ha ha.

I read your blog and your facebook and saw how much people love you. It was evident enough during your funeral because people spilled out of the house into the street !! There were so many people gathered outside, we had to park our cars at the shop 2 streets away !! I feel that we must have done something right because you belong to us. This wonderful person who is so much loved actually belongs to us.

Will I ever be like I used to be ? I don’t think so because I keep expecting you to turn up. Maybe it is still early days but Shera, I do not want to forget. You cannot be replaced and I wish that I have given you more hugs or show how much I love you. We always thought we had more time, right ? Well we didn’t.

Hati ni merajuk sangat, Shera but I tak tahu dengan siapa. Sayu, sedih… I just can’t describe it. I wish I had done more. I was worried thinking that you left without knowing how much I love you but your parents separately told me you do know. They told me the things that you talked about me and I am just so glad to know that you know how I feel about you. You have such wonderful parents, Shera no wonder you are wonderful yourself.

In fact, as I sit to think about our last conversations, you did tell me how much you love us and I cling to that memory. It was actually that Saturday when Ita came back from Penang, your last weekend when we were laughing and being happy when you said that to me.

Umar told me that I shouldn’t worry. He said that I can still see you in heaven. “Since we get to live in syurga forever kan Mummy… you will get to see Cik Shera forever !!” He said.

Thank you, son. That made Mummy feel better as I have no doubt that Cik Shera memang ahli syurga. Impossible that somebody who is so well loved by many like her not to be in syurga. As I told Marlin, “Bila akhirat nanti, aku jumpa Shera aku nak cubit-cubit dia sebab buat aku sedih macam ni….”


Love you lots, dear sister. Rest in peace.

7 comments:

Lee said...

Hello Myra, terima kaseh seribu for dropping by my blog re my tribute to Shera.
I Knew her by being a busybody popping into her blog some months back via her good friend Jabishah's blog....and I am really glad I did it.

It is, it was a real privilege to have known her, alas, now to be in memories...of the jokes and laughter she shared with me and my fellow blog readers.
Somehow my blog now has an empty void without her cheerful comments.

Shera made an impact on me, and everyone she touched thru her cheerfulness and warmth and her lively sense of humour.

I was teasing her about her durian posting, and believe I was the last one in her blog...she replied me, and I waited for her second reply to my answer...it never came.

Instead, it was her good friend, Chahya who brought me the sad news.
I must admit, my tears came out...even though I have never met her personally, we became good friends via exchanging comments.

I shall miss her very much.
Please allow me to once again, leave a poem to Shera's family, to you and to everyone close to her,...
'What though the radiance,
which was once so bright,
Be now forever taken from my sight.
Though nothing can bring back the hour,
Of splendour in the grass,
Of glory in the flowers;
We will grieve not...
Rather find strength in what remains behind'.


My deepest sympathies and condolonces to Shera's family, I share your grieve and sorrow.
May she rest in peace.
yours sincerely, Lee.

jabishah said...

My dear Myra,
You know, I thought that I'd finally let her go. But again... did I? Reading this beautiful entry of yours made me cry again. I always think that I'm lucky to be her friend but Myra, you're luckier to be her sis.
Do you want to know the part that made me cry? During her tahlil & you were waiting for her to ask "Apa lagi nak buat, La?". I wld expect her to say the same thing if I were u. Arwah was indeed a superwoman, supermom... With a hubby, 2 little girls & a career she managed that with love & without a helper.
How are the girls doing Myra? My concern is more to them. Arwah is safe with the Almighty & I hope Syafiq has managed to pull himself together for the girls. Hugs & kisses to them!
Myra, keep in touch.

Cik Puan Kamil said...

Dear Uncle Lee.. Thank you so much for the poem. It is beautiful.

Jabishah the girls dok merengek but yesterday Esya managed to laugh. I was rather worried because she was quiet and withdrawn since her ibu's passing.

Yana pulak trauma tengok kain batik yang tutup ibu dia. She actually ran away from it. Me ? I hugged it and felt so close to her.

Keep in touch, k ?

iKHMAR said...

Teacher Shera seorang yg saaaaaaaaangat diSAYANGI di sekolah SMK Meru...walaupun tidak semua yang pernah diajar arwah, tapi semua menyayangi dirinya seperti ibu kami sendiri. Pemergiannya sentiasa diiringi doa, Al-Fatihah, dan Yasin buat dirinya agar tenang di sana..Hanya Yasin menjadi pengubat rindu kami, pelajar-pelajar SMK Meru apabila mengingati semua senyuman dan kenangan bersama arwah selama hayatnya di SMK Meru...

"Ya Allah,Tuhan Yang Maha Agung.. Berilah kedudukan yang terbaik buat insan mulia bernama Pn Shahira bt Abd Ghani.Berilah kemuliaan kepadanya atas segala pengorbanan dan kesungguhannya dalam mendidik anak2 bangsanya. Berilah juga ketenangan dan kekuatan kepada keluarganya dalam menghadapi ujian Mu ini...Semoga Pn Shahira bt Abd Ghani tenang dan aman di bawah lindungan Allah, Yang Maha Pengasih..."

Chahya said...

Myra, u r lucky indeed to have been her sister. Came to yr hse and the first thing I saw was the wedding photo on the table beside the door. She looked so beautiful, smiling n beaming at Syafiq.
She must have known she's leaving her girls under the care of good people. Thank u Myra for doing a great job 'taking over' ibu-ing the kids.
Yeah, don't we all want to cubit-cubit her if ever we meet her again...?
Like some of her frens said, in her death she unites. True, I got to know so many nice people around her now.
Keep well Myra.

Lizamurni Lokman said...

Dear Myra,
I'm Dikny, a good friend of Arwah Shera, we did TESL together same like Jabishah....
Ever since we left college, we didn't lose touch...and I got even close to her lately since we often commented each other's blog.....
I never experienced losing a good friend before and it's so sad that it's Arwah Shera that would be the experience for me....I was trembling when I heard the terrible news and still am, actually....
I hope your family would stay strong especially for her daughters...they are too small to understand. Do kiss them for me...

Cik Puan Kamil said...

theonly1 terima kasih for that doa. Really appreciate it sebab kalau kita betul2 sayang dia, kita tak boleh lokek dengan doa, Fatihah and Yassin untuk dia. I really hope sampai bila2 you will keep on your doa for her.

Chahya and Dikny if you are (do not like to use were... still her friends even if she is gone) her TESL friends we might have met before. Please keep up your doa untuk dia. She is so very lucky to have a lot of people praying for her.

Please keep in touch.