Friday, December 26, 2008

Movie Review : Twilight

Haven’t been to the movies much lately. Been to a few but was not enthusiastic enough to write about it. Although Quantum of Solace was amazing ( a lot of people didn’t like it… but I enjoyed it enough…. Daniel Craig is oh so good…. Good enough to eat that is…) but I was not in a review writing mode.

Talking about good enough to eat brings me to the title of this entry…. Twilight and what a beautiful story it is. The movie that made movie review a necessity again... Ha ha..I had always been a fan of fiction… you know something that takes us away from our everyday existence… I mean my favourite movies among others are Transformers, Harry Potter, Superman and Star Wars…. Up until now my favourite series would always be Star Trek and Angel… He he…. Do not want to be rooted to the real world when I park my butt in front of the screens (big or small). So Twilight to a person of my taste is just perfect.

And perfection it was. It is a beautiful, lovely romantic movie. The vampire and werewolves and all those stuffs made it even more interesting. And, Robert Pattinson is the essence that made me bit my fist. Just asked my husband what I told him when I first laid eyes on Mr Pattinson as Cedric Diggory in Harry Potter.

Went to see it with my hubby. He got us the kerusi romen (as he fondly calls the couples’ seat at the Cineleisure) and therefore we were high up there. Before the movie started, a gaggle of girls came in and sat like 10 rows in front of us. They were chatty as girls usually are and we were much relieved when they shut their traps when the movie started.

However when the delicious although very pasty looking Edward Cullen came in, the screaming started. Babah and I looked at each other in shock before we burst out laughing. They were in a frenzy, those girls, screaming and clapping whenever he appeared. So much so that I too started screaming with them. It was the most fun time I had in the movies !! The masses can really influence you, eh ?

Ha ha !!

Anyway, I love the movie because it was so romantic (I have mentioned that before haven’t I ? Just want to drive the message home… he he), set in a dreamy location with excellent actors (Yeah, I managed to get my eyes off Robbert Pattinson). I don’t know what is it but the movie really captured my heart. What a girl to do then but get the book ?

The book was better than the movie. I think because I was already well acquainted with the faces of the characters so the words came alive ten-fold. It was really exhilarating because I do not have to work hard to imagine the house and the forests and the town because I had already seen it… so 10 points for me for watching the movie first before reading the book !! He he…

I was clever enough to snap the first 2 books of the Twilight saga but was stupid for not buying all 4 when I had the chance because when I finally finished reading the second book, all bookstores in the Klang valley had sold out every single book of the saga. Every one. Not a page was left for me to cling on.

I quickly called my mate Munira to tell her of my woes, and since she was super duper crazy of Edward Cullen more than me, saved me form my literary meltdown by telling me that Midnight Sun (Twilight written in Edward’s perspective) is available on the net. Only 12 chapters but 12 chapters are better than nothing, eh ? And let me tell you, Midnight Sun is more intense than Twilight. I totally love it.


After watching Twilight at home 2 nights ago, I looked at Babah and said, “Why do you never ever take me tree climbing on our dates ? Look at them, Edward and Bella…. So bloody marvelous talking on tree branches….”


Babah who had been with me for 15 long years didn’t even look at me when he said, “Awak panjatlah dulu… karang saya ikut…..” Before adding, “Cacing pun takut, nak panjat pokok konon…. “ He he….


Yelah Babah…..

4 comments:

Nuyui said...

I love love love twilight. Maybe, I just love his lips, and teeth. haha

I'm hunting for the books now. Every single series of the books are sold out in Brunei. I'm very tempting to read because I already finish reading Remember Me? Have you read it? It's hilarious, as always.

Cik Puan Kamil said...

I finally got them !! JUst finished reading Eclipse tis morning and started reading about 1chapter of Breaking Dawn. I read slowly because I do not want to miss anything and I want it to last longer !!!

I have read the last book by Sophie Kinsella and it was funny... Am tempted to read the books she wrote under Madeline Wickham. Have you ?

Nuyui said...

I haven't Kak Myra. Next month pergi KL mesti beli dengan banyaknya & sepuas-puas hati. Kat Brunei ni, semua stock buku yang terbaru are the ones yang keluar early this year. Unless buku tu popular amat barulah dapat yang fresh from the oven. Itu pun limited jer.

Cik Puan Kamil said...

Happy New Year dear. You are coming to see us (me and Kamalia) when you are in KL, right ?