Thursday, December 04, 2008

My friend for life

I was at KLCC on Tuesday, very much alone, waiting for my boss. I informed Shazmi of my predicament and he came to my rescue. So we walked, without anywhere in particular to go and bizarrely found ourselves looking at fridges.

Now this is one thing I do not know about my friend, how much he knows about fridges and their prices. He he…

Well I suppose since he will be setting up home with his fiancée soon, he had been looking around for one and in that process managed to be well informed on the many, many brands, litres (?) and prices of fridges.

After that, I went to accompany him to the bank where he bumped into a friend. I stood a respected distance away and when they bid each other goodbye, I noticed Shazmi’s friend looked at me. I politely ignored her once or twice over.

“I have to stop be seen with you..” He whispered to me.

“Why lah ?”

“Because my friend thought I’m marrying you !!”

Well, thank you my friend for sounding like that was the most absurd, ridiculous, laughable and preposterous thing on earth.



While I was pregnant with Adik, Babah was busy being a dealer (not drugs but short deposits) and I was without a car or the license to drive it. So I had to rely on my family and friends to take me around. Sometimes Amelia but usually Shah. Can you imagine the very bachelor Shah's (at that time. Now he is married) ability to pull girls while walking around with me ? But he didn't care did he ? I needed someone to take me, so he did. We even went to a kenduri together once. He being a bachelor at that time should really refuse to be seen with me waddling next to him, since there are a lot of girls hanging around at weddings and all.... But he did ...... And I am ever so grateful.
.
So, that was why I wanted to pull Shazmi's ears for even daring to suggest that we should stop fraternizing with each other. Even if it was a joke.

But still when he forcefully steered me towards his office, because he wanted company for the 3 minutes journey, I happily obliged because he is a dear friend. As much as I want to thump him, I want him to remain my friend.

No comments: