Thursday, November 11, 2010

XYZ in a packet

The day before yesterday, my team mate bought a huge pack of XYZ (I do not have the courage to put down the name of the junk food kegemaran ramai. Satgi kena saman lak). Teringin pulak walaupun it was not something that I usually take.

Anyway as I reached out for one, my mind travelled back oohhh.....many, many years ago (too malu to actually put down a number)and as I opened the packaging, I inadevertantly let out a laugh.

V, whose XYZ I pau-ed remarked, "She likes to laugh..." and so I have to share just in case his remark meant that he thinks I am cuckoo.

Once upon a time, I was in the car with mom picking up my brother from high school, the same one that I went to 3 years after he did. Anyway it was after hours and mom parked her car in front of the main gate, which very, very typical of Malaysian school, was locked.

Aku seriously tak tau why kat Malaysia ni most schools diharamkan guna main gate. Main gate untuk perhiasan saja.

Getting back to the story, there were 3 Indian girls waiting in front of the gate, sitting on a pavement. I was looking at them, terliuq I must add, eating XYZ. They had packs and packs of them okay.

Mum hardly allowed us the luxury of junk food, so that was why le aku terliuq. So there I was watching them not knowing that my mom was watching them too and was getting angrier and more irritated by the minute.

My mother, people, she wind down her window and to my shock and horror started addressing those girls in a firm motherly tone.

"Kenapa makan benda ni ? Racun tau tak benda-benda ni..." I have heard this lecture so many times before but I was never as mortified as this to hear it !! And I wasn't even at the receiving end ! "Nanti sekolah tak pandai sebab otak dah rosak kena racun. Lagi baik you beli buah makan dari makan ini... Mari sini, you bagi saya. Saya ganti balik you punya duit !"

Can you just imagine the shocked faces of those girls ? I remember one had her mouth hanging open with a hand poised at her mouth just about to shove a piece of XYZ goodness.

My mother had to cajole them again and again to hand over the poisons as she so called and finally, finally those girls did ! I didn't know where to hide. As she collected those stuffs from her, she went on and on about how their parents sent them to school hoping they would do well in and here they are poisoning themselves.

She handed them money and then mercifully my brother arrived.

Gila tak ?

I mean, I wonder why I am crazy ?

hehheheheheheheh....

6 comments:

Ah-Zee said...

ur mum was the Jamie Oliver of her time, trying to reform kids into eating healthy. good for her tho her tactic was very much "in ur face". I dare not imagine being at the receiving end of her "tirade"... (takutt)... since am very much guilty of blissfully devouring them salt-crusted, fat-loaded, preservatives-laden cemel-cemelan. Almost everyday a return trip from school warranted a detour to kedai apek for my fix. sanggup tak makan during recess time to save my pocket money for my favs then like chickadees and mamee. am a sucker too for those cemel-cemelan which comes with a cute but often useless toy in their packaging. remember cokelat ding-dang? hehehe.... i turned out alrite but then again, neva been academically brilliant. ur mum was rite after all....

Cik Puan Kamil said...

Oohh... I would love to try a Ding Dang ! The advert on tv made them looked so delicious because Mat Sentul was salivating over it and all those kids running for it.

Tapi sekarang when I have my own money, takde pulak jual. I have never tasted even 1 !!!!

Ah-Zee said...

mmmm... nak ckp sedap, tak jugak la. tasted like cheap overly-sweetened milk choc with biskut wafer-like filling. yg bestnye bukan cokelat tuh tau myra but we were really after its toys. mcm seronok je tgk budak2 dlm komersial mat sentul main ngan new toys tuh. nak mintak parents belikan better quality toys mesti tak bagi coz mahal kan.. so these lil toys were like momentary gratification. main kejap je, 2-3 hari lepas tuh rosaklah, patahlah, got bored with them so start la campak ntah mana2 ceruk rumah. mak i la tukang buang dlm tong sampah....

Formerly known as Superwomanwannabe! said...

Oh wow what a wonderful mom!! Malunye diriku who actually BUY the junk for them...and then pat myself on the back for being such a considerate mom...sigh .

Cik Puan Kamil said...

Ah Zee... Mat Sentul's very cheapo commercial made it in Spore ? HEhHEHEHEHEH... It must have been better than I remember it.... Hmmmm......

Cik Puan Kamil said...

Kak Shila... I lagi malu sebab walaupun I was trained by my mom, I had moments of weakness allowing my children those goodies. You have to admit lah, they taste good... HEHHEHEHE