Saturday, January 15, 2011

Sampai demam

Saturday my siblings and I went karaoke-ing dari 8.30 mlm sampai 11-30 mlm. Then we sambung with movie watching Season of the Witch. Pukul 2 pagi baru kami pulang with throat so dry and sore.

Sunday night we gathered again but this time at my mom's for dinner sambil tengok recordings of our antics berhuha-huha macam orang gila. Gelak berdekah-dekah lagi.

When I showed our mom the video clips, I said to her, "Look at your children. What a bad mother you are ..." bertambah lah gelak sampai terbatuk-batuk.

That was why Monday morning on the way to Johor I resigned myself to the coughs. Perils of a good weekend.

Which was also why when my colleague asked me if it was wise for me to eat the ice-cream cone I was holding, I answered with "No no... Am not sick. I was karaoke-ing during the weekend...."

But by Wednesday when I spat out awful, salty green flam in the sink I had to admit to my colleague that she was right after all. But no fear.... am not ill .... just a cough.... as I pushed away the heavy chest and sekejap ada sekejap tak de headache to the back of my mind.

And just now.... when Dessert Rose hugged me and asked if I am having a fever... Well darn it... I am sick.

Then that weekend with my siblings (when I say siblings, I include my hubby and my in-laws too... So there were about 7 of us....)was a smashing success.

We have to do this again, peeps !

2 comments:

tireless mom said...

Sakit sakit jumpa Dessert Rose? Tak mau jumpa I ke? Get well soon.

Cik Puan Kamil said...

Kak Yatt... hehehe... takdelah dia datang rumah I ambik anak2 dia yang bersuka ria dengan anak2 I...

Jom kita lepak darling....