Monday, January 31, 2011

Teman Adik makan laksa

Saturday Mak Boyot felt like Laksa Assam at Jaya Jusco Mid Valley and she decreed that all her sibling must come too, so there we were the whole lot of us during lunch, humouring her request.

We of course could not just stop merely at lunch so we discussed what could be done afterwards. I suggested watching the Green Hornet but entah macamana we found ourselves at 8.45 pm buying popcorn for Khurafat.

Err…. Entah macamana is a bit tipulah because I was tired of the ding-donging between Green Hornet and Khurafat so I stopped my siblings in front of Memory Lane and asked them to angkat tangan for either choices. Khurafat won by ½ a hand because CT couldn’t choose.

MI was the loudest opposition of Khurafat because he claimed society is unfair to male screamers.

Whatever.

Anyway, I was a bit gung-ho about going to watch cerita hantu. My last one at the movies was with Amelia watching Kuntilanak. It was not a good experience because we covered our eyes with our tudungs and then talked non-stop during the ride home to ease our nerves eventhough we drove separate cars. Ha ha.

Since that was like years ago and I have forgotten how scared I was then, I was a bit more positive about watching Khurafat, even with all the warnings to perempuan mengandung and what nots because MJ who had seen it twice gave a very good review.
So… eventhough I was very clearly reminded of how penakut I am when the film started (I did hide my eyes behind my tudung), I can’t help feeling disappointed with the movie. Granted, it was scary. But … there are these missing links that made it somewhat an unsatisfactory experience. Again I was left with a feeling that this movie was not well thought of.

Like when the hero told his colleague that he and his wife have been ‘disturbed’ by supernatural elements, I expected the friend to be more horrified and inquisitive than that. His calm reaction was ludicrous because if it was me, I would have grilled and grilled my friend for the whole story. This guy didn’t, in fact he just advised his friend not to point fingers without any proof.. if I remember it correctly, of course.

I then couldn’t understand the connection with the cleaner. All it did was to show that this guy is so damn popular sampai makcik cleaner pun is stalking him. Maybe I lost the plot somewhere, I dunno.

Plus the actress who played the wife was a bit too young for the husband. It looked like he married budak lepas SPM aje. Sangat-sangat tak kena.

Or maybe I am not the best person to review this movie because asal malam aje, aku dah start cover mata ngan tudung. Bukannya apa, I kept thinking that since I travel a lot and stay in hotel rooms alone a lot… soo….. heheheheh…… Better not lah kan.

Our mom was not spooked at all. MI said she even asked for more chicken nuggets in the middle of the movie.

Anyway, after ward all 10 of us went for dinner and discussed the movie. Kamil who paid for the tics grumbled that that was the stupidest way to spend his 100 bucks.
We came home late and woke up late. Luckily Amelia came over for a chat at 9.30am or I would have probably stayed in bed until noon. We did have a very, very late lunch… at 5 pm… Hehhehe…. MH is sailing again so I made chocolate cake and cheese tarts as per his request and my sisters made roti jala and mom made sambal sotong and lovely, lovely beef kalian.

So we sat down and be merry again until quite late when MI bade us goodbye to return to his campus and CY started the car to send her husband to catch the plane.

No dinner for us so that was why I ate nasi lemak at 11 am.

Ha ha….

4 comments:

Madam Tai Tai Again said...

Is congratulations in order here?? Did I get it right that you are pregnant? If yes, CONGRATULATIONS!

I don't know when I'll be able to watch cerita hantu again. Tengok Ghost Whisperer pun dah takut sekarang ni. Actually tengok trailers kat Astro pun boleh seram. Blame it on the episode that happened last year. Sheesh...

Cik Puan Kamil said...

NOOOO !!!! Kak Gina it was not me but my sister !!

Pengsan sekejap.... hehehehehe.....

tireless mom said...

Myra dek oiii

I never believe the reviews about malay movies,... of course Magika is an exception.

I can truly understand why the hubby regretted the 100 bucks are gone simply to watch this horror movie. Tak pe lah, in a way you all are giving support kan , to do better.

Cik Puan Kamil said...

Yalah Kak Yatt... memang rasa kena con aje... orang yang promote movie tu suruh I tengok beria2 kata best....