Friday, March 25, 2011

Dekat Pattaya tak ada nasi goreng pattaya

So here I am in Pattaya. Well not exactly Pattaya but Sriracha. Pattaya is near, reachable by taxi at RM150 though.

One week already.

My face has started to look very tom yum-y on account of the many, many bowls of the spicy soup I had guzzled.

The meeting just now was surprisingly successful. I took the lead while my boss looked on was scary. I was more worried about him than the customers.

We went around Pattaya last Sunday. As I mentioned before it was RM150 to get there. Damn. But because I was the lead, I took it upon me to pay for the trip.

Pattaya was crowded. Waaayyyy crowded with sunbathers on the very narrow beach on the many, many sunloungers. Jostling for the already crowded space were the traders, selling from pork (and more pork and more on the porcine kind) and clothes and little bunnies in shirts. That one I like. I was contemplating to bring a few home but… well….. I don’t think the hotel would find that very amusing.

There were a few Halal food traders, thank God but the one we went to sold sausages that looked suspiciously un-halal. Ikan, he said. So with Bismillahirrahmannirrahim, Luqman (my team mate) bought 200 gm.

First bite, I knew it was not ikan. But the damn thing was already in my hand and I was chewing it with burgeoning trepidation. Where to spit around this huge crowd ? And do I have to samak-ed my mouth ?

Walking further on spotted another Halal trader selling the same fish-ball sized sausages. Chicken, he said…. and that made more sense than ikan. But come to think of it, maybe the first guy did say chicken. Why would a Thai guy speak Malay ? Right ? Besides ikan and chicken do rhyme…. Hehehehhe.

There was nothing much to see except the bodies on beach and the bodies trawling the market. Oh… but we did see this oh so gorgeous guy selling ice-cream.

He was holding what looked like a basket of Wall’s ice-cream all the while trying to hold back a girl from leaving while the girl giggled shyly.

He was a dream and I looked at Karen and she was wide eyed looking at that delicious contraption we call Ice-cream Man. “Kenapa dia tak nak jual ice-cream dekat kita ?” I asked while Karen said at the very same time, “Mak aiii…. Handsomenya !”

Luqman said, “Kesiannya handsome-handsome jual ice-cream. Kalau kat Malaysia dah jadi Anuar Zain.”

Keh keh.

We saw 1 katoy. Only 1 !!! But then again that was because the taxi driver helpfully identified him. I wouldn’t know he was one until the driver outed him. Thus I wouldn’t know if the beautiful, beautiful ladies I saw were actually … well, ladies.

After that it was work.

And then the clients took us out for dinner at this simply marvelous place called Cabbages and Condoms. They even provided free condoms for us to take home but I was too shy to indulge. Hehehehhe….

Then more work.

And work.

And work.

Sigh…….

No comments: