Monday, May 28, 2012

Just like Raya

It felt like Hari Raya last weekend.

Late afternoon CY called ajak buat Cakoi as apparently it is better to knead the batter using breadmaker. When I arrived home, the house was awash with light. From the outside I could see MI at the dining table with Adik, my BIL Hazri (not real name eh…) holding his son, Nabil and Abang hanging next to him.

My sister CY was already in the kitchen, margarine out and there were spilt flour on the table. Heaven. We talked and we ate and we made merry and when they went home at almost midnight, I felt so bereaved, so lonely.

Saturday we were geared to take FIL out again but alas he was too weak to even get out of bed. So after breakfast we went to visit him and I watched while Kamil lovingly gave his father a massage. He coaxed his father to eat and administered his meds while I sat there doing nothing, making small talks and playing Sudoku on my mobile. Nothing can make you feel more insignificant that that. Haha.

We didn’t have any lunch as our breakfast was quite late, so right after Maghrib we went to Citta Mall for a dose oh burgers at Chillies before scrambling to Subang Parade to watch MIB 3. MIB 3 is okay. It was funny and all but I wasn’t that entertained. Something felt missing. The same feeling I had when I watched err….the one with Johnny Depp became a vampire. It was okay, not bad neither it was exhilarating.

As usual Adik fell asleep. It was better this time because she could manage half the movie. Itu pun because she nodded off while waiting for the bill at Chillies and in the car on the way to Subang Parade. And of course we have to hear her grumblings of why we always pick a movie way passed her bed time and all.

We woke up early as usual on Sunday but this time, after Subuh we kitted ourselves in our kenduri best, picked up CY and her family at 7am, then swung by CT’s house for her before starting our merry way to Ipoh. My cousin’s engagement do.

Food and family and merriment all over again. That was why I felt like it was Raya.

Nice….

4 comments:

Eija Azlan said...

Babe....miss you. Hehe

Cik Puan Kamil said...

Babe.. aku jua... Hehhe

Cik Kiah said...

N I miss kuih cakoii...

Cik Puan Kamil said...

Kat Shah Alam banyak.. Seksyen 18 depan Giant....