Sunday, October 28, 2012

Cuti Raya Haji

Selamat hari raya Haji kengkawan....

I went back to Perak as usual... Actually didn't plan to go pun but then received news that my uncle was warded at the hospital, so mau tak mau I had to go.. Sayang kat pakcik kan..

Don't know why I was sooo ralat to go. Until the very last minute I was ho-humming about going. My family actually booked rooms at the Impiana but I was so reluctant to do so.. I only asked CY to book my room like 10 minutes before we actually left. Nasib baik masih ada bilik.

So we went and visited my cousin who just gave birth.. like 3 months ago... Then checked in the hotel, feelings of trepidation still lingered. I was trying to understand what was the problem and could only blame it on my workload, things that I absolutely have to submit Monday.

I slept... I seemed to be doing a lot of that lately, then we visited our uncle at home. He was discharged the day before. We left around 10, made sure the kids were okay with their Tok in the rooms and then the 5 of us went to watch Sinister at Ipoh Parade.

If you love horror movies, this is definitely for you. If you are like me yang takut tapi mau therefore spent the whole movie burying my face on Kamil's shoulder, well... don't because it is scary indeed.  Very, very disturbing really and rasa sungguh menyesal for going. The wayang itself was very busy indeed. People kept nipping off to the loo or somewhere. Some came back, some didn't. One guy who walked out of the wayang while shielding his face from the screen definitely didn't... heheh. People screamed and the guy next to Kamil were very determined to concentrate on his phone instead of the screen.

Next morning we went back to our uncle's house and left for home at about 2. Sampai rumah dalam pukul 4 and I was presented with the reason why I was so reluctant to go, why hati aku tak sedap aje to leave home...

My orange boy, my Moggy was lying down lifeless next to his food bowl.

Kamil menjerit, Abang howled with grief. He kept calling his name over and over again, his face contorted with pain. Adik and I was luckily still near the car and didn't see him. Adik ran off to see for herself while I shrank back and pasted my self on to the car. It was such  a commotion sampaikan our next door neighbour came out to see what the hoopla was all about.

Kakak kata she noticed that Moggy wasn't eating when she came by in the morning to re-fill his bowl. She said his food was untouched. But she did give him fresh water. I forgot to ask if she actually saw him.

My orange boy dah keras but still untouched by the elements, ie ants and all so maksudnya he had just recently passed. If only we had come home sooner, maybe we would be around to comfort him during his last moments, seeing how much he loved us. Probably if we didn't stop for jambu at Tapah...

I asked Kakak to pinjamkan something we can use to korek a hole to bury him and as I gave my first hack, it started raining.

Typical drama cerita melayu. I cried and cried while I attempted to dig a hole big enough for my boy while Kamil was tasked to balut him with paper bag or something. Kamil came back wholly upset and unable to touch him in that state, unmoving and hard. It was excruciating for the whole family.

Therefore aku terpaksa call adik aku MJ to come and help us. He was upset, all my siblings and my parents were upset.

Oh boy....

Susah aku nak cerita lagi...

Nanti lah... Let me recover first...

2 comments:

Norliana Abdul Rahman said...

oh no!!! :(

i totally feel u.

my mimi passed away 17 yrs ago, but baca hang punya entry ni buat aku nak nangis balik..

:(

Cik Puan Kamil said...

I am still crying... Meleleh aje air mata kadang-kadang... House feels so empty..