Friday, April 20, 2007

Emak yang tak boleh tengok cerita hantu

Yesterday was the first episode of Susuk on TV3. It was okay and quite scary by my standard ( and I have to tell you my scare threshold is very, very low. This is the girl who got scared watching Pontianak Harum S***** Malam the first time. The second time dah pandai sikit dah… ), so much so it … well, here is the story;

Umar was already sleeping when Susuk ended and as usual Elsa was still wide-eyed and very much on the go. Dan lifted Umar to his bed and I prepared Elsa for hers and since Umar was already off to Slumberland, allowed Elsa to watch her cd ( Barbie ).

My eyelids got heavy 10 minutes after House started and I was jolted from my slumber while House was still on. It was the sound of the door what woke me. I couldn’t identify which door or why it was doing that but it was the door nonetheless. Then I looked at the direction of my children’s room. It was pitch dark. I was shocked to my bones.

“ Dan, Elsa Dan…, “

“ Hummpphh………………. “

“ Where is she ? The room is dark … “

“ Hummpphh……… “

“ Dan, mana dia ? “

“ Ada dalam bilik lah…. “

I was not satisfied, threw all caution and fear and walked towards my children’s bedroom. I switched on the lights and there was my daughter, looking up the ceiling, foot waving on air.

“ Elsa what are you doing ? “

“ Hai Mum… “

“ What are you doing ? “

“ I am bored…. “

“ You tutup telly ke ? “

“ Yes… It’s boring, “

I looked at her. She looked at me. Then she said, “ Good night Mum, “ and I obediently switched off the lights again and retired to my room. I lay down beside my husband and waited for sleep to welcome me. It didn’t because of the stupid door. Again I reached for my husband.
“ Which door is it ? “

“ I don’t know… “

I tossed and turned and finally he got up and checked the bathroom door. Because the bathroom door is directly in front of the little window of the said bathroom, the extremely strong wind from outside was pushing it over and over again. That produced the sound.

We slept with the door opened.

The end.

No comments: