Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Ice-cream hunt

Adik called me last week at the office.

She sighed dramatically and said, “I think my teacher wants me to lose all my teeth, Mummy…”

Pulak dah…

“Yes… sebab teacher asked us to eat 22 (she raised her voice in disbelief kononnya at this point) ice-cream! I think she wants me to muntah (eleh…) and lose my teeth from eating too much ice-cream !”

“Are you telling me, Adik that your teacher gave you an assignment to eat 22 ice-creams ? Really ? You think I was born yesterday ?”

She sighed again, more dramatics this time as I can hear her think, “Boy, this woman is stupid…” and said, “No…. She wants us to bring 22 ice-cream sticks to school ! So I have to eat 22 ice-creams lah !”

Hehheheh…………

“Adik….there is me, and Babah and Abang and all your Mamus and Ciks and Esya and Ana and they will help you eat all those ice-creams. You don’t have to eat all 22 on your own…. Don’t worry….” Saja je aku.

But her, “Oh…” saddens me for some reason. And made me laugh.

Anyway, so that night off we went to search for ice-creams. Babah was shocked that no ice-cream costs less than RM1. We went from one shop to another until I asked him, “You cari ice-cream 20 sen tu ke ? Mana ada dah Kamil oii….. Inflation happened….”

So at the end we spent like RM40 for all 22 sticks of ice-cream.




Ana had one. Esya had 2. Mummy had 2. Babah probably a bit more. The rest was up to Adik and Abang.

So you could imagine my annoyance when yesterday Babah asked her, “So what happened to all your ice-cream sticks ?”

“Ada kat rumah lah….”

“Tak guna ke kat sekolah ?”

“Takkk…. Teacher suruh guna sweets…”

“Sweets ? What for pulak ?” Tinggi suara Kamil.

“Kamil… they are using it for counting… But…. dah beria suruh bawak hari Jumaat, tak guna pun ? Guna sweets pulak ?”

Masa ni Adik shrunk to her seat and I just shook my head. Biar benar cikgu ni…. Or has my daughter pulled the biggest con of the year ?

Hmmmm……………………

6 comments:

knv said...

serious la. aku pun dah kena banyak kali. dok anyam tikar, dok carik kotak2 buat robot (!), etc. last2 hantar pun idak. tensen ke tak tu?

sighh sabor je la bebudak ni tau!

Cik Puan Kamil said...

Itu lah cikgu2 ni... Dia dont want to finish things of until the end. last2 buat tak hantar pun so budak2 next time sambil lewa ajelah...

Anonymous said...

Hi Mum,

If u go to IKEA you go to their tea/coffee station and u can get hold of ice cream stick easily as they use them as stirers. I cakau byk every time i go there for instances such as this.

Failing which u can go to craft stores and get them for so much cheaper than RM10 for 50 sticks or something.

Cik Puan Kamil said...

Dear Anon, why didn't I write this dilemma here before I go on my ice-cream hunt ?

Thanks for tip, hon !

Bella said...

hahahhaha....so funny la...esp part cari icecream bawah rm1...manada dahhh....

Cik Puan Kamil said...

Bella... org dulu2 macam tu lah... Tak berkembang... keh keh...