Sunday, April 17, 2011

Mummy's hair

As a woman whose name is not Anne Hathaway or Audrey Hepburn or even Erra Fazira, I have plenty, plenty of physical flaws. Putting the rest aside, today's tajuk perbincangan is the kerak on my kepala which has been plaguing me ever since as I was a baby.

When I was smaller, whenever my Wan from Perak came over, the first thing she would do was put a pan of coconut milk on the stove and heat it up very slowly until it produces oil, then she would grab me and dekat pintu dapur tu lah grandma would scrape the kerak from her grand daughter's hair with the said oil. And it is "OWWWwwww !!!" okay ? I hated it.

Sadly, Wan's remedy didn't work because the kerak causes me to be inundated with dandruff or kelemumur or ketumbir kata orang dari Seberang pulak. Or maybe I should have menyerah diri aje kat Wan... Agaknya if I weren't so elusive from her grabs, I wouldn't have this problem still. Sigh... the choices one made when one was young.

Anyway, nak dijadikan cerita, since I chanced upon a long gray hair on my head, I have been commissioning my children to do the clearing work. While they were there, they discovered my clusters of keraks and therefore I gave them a Change Order to include scrapping of the keraks in their routine too.

Best kan ?

So almost every night the 2 of them would diligently work on my scalp, armed with a fine tooth comb and baby oil. Sometimes, berdarah-darah jugak kepala aku sampai Kamil kena cekak pinggang and suruh dia orang berhenti. For some reason I do not have the heart to tell them off whenever they yank too hard or the comb dug a tad too deep which drew blood and surprised yelps from me sebab they are very serious about this work. I dunno why.

Anyway, the most fun parts are their reactions which can be sooo funny. Usually that comes from Adik lah, my designated clown.

"You didn't use Head & Shoulder today ke Mummy ?" She asked a few times whenever the white particles are aplenty.

Or,

"Mummy .... you are snowing, Mummy......" whenever she discovered the big mines.

Or just now she exclaimed, "You have brown hair ! I can see brown hair !" And immediately jumped of the chair and ran off to get Kamil, while murmuring, "I have to ask Babah...." face all serious.

I then heard, "Babah, do you like brown hair ?... Because I saw a lot of brown hair on Mummy's hair....." Then she ran back to me, face more relaxed with her thumbs up. "You are lucky Mummy... Babah likes brown hair. I asked him already...."

Heheheheh.............

And then Abang of course tak puas hati, so he said while still behind his book, "You are such a ninny, Adik. Mummy had always have brown hair ! Since she was younger ! Tak tengok ke rambut CT, CY and CA. They all have brown hair ! So Mummy the same aaahh because they all adik beradik !"

Adik only answered with an, "Oh ?"

She is being super cute by wanting to check if Babah is okay with a wife with brown hair. He heh.

What lah you, Adik...

2 comments:

Norliana Abdul Rahman said...

aku dulu2 suka dok godek2 kerak kat kepala mak aku.. hehe.. kekdg sampai berdarah2 jugak.. tapi dia suka.. hehe

Cik Puan Kamil said...

Konot... waaa.... ko banyak practise lah... Aku mintak tolong ko ajar anak2 aku buat selembut mungkin boleh tak ?

Hehehehhe