Saturday, August 20, 2011

Untuk raya... sekejaaaappppp aje...

Last night I had a berbuka puasa do with an orphanage organised by the company. I didn't want to go but boss forced me to so terpaksa jugaklah pergi.

The main reason I didn't want to go was the orphans sebab ... I know I would be crying buckets as soon as my eyes clapped on them.

Surprise, surprise I didn't though. Maybe on account my boss was sitting next to me. But looking at the whole lot of them, so young, so unbelievingly gorgeous, so innocent aku sebak sangat but had to keep them all inside sebab ... well... malu le kat boss.

Anyway, the food was rather good but luckily I didn't have to pay for them sebab I ate like soooo little. Rugi aje. Actually this year, I didn't go to any buffets at all. I know it will be wasted and the exorbitant sum they charge, aku rasa macam rugi sangat. RM50 is too expensive for me already.

Anyway, kebetulan when my colleagues and I did our Maghrib, the orphans were in the surau too and it was such a touching moment for me. I kept grabbing those that were near me asking, "Boleh tak peluk makcik sekejap ?"

Many were willing and it was such a nice feeling to see them shyly but eagerly returned my hugs.

One little girl, so painstakingly adorable in blue tudung, raised her hand happily when I asked, "Sapa nak peluk makcik ni ?" and she ran and jumped on me and the hug she gave me was so tight. Ayaq mata memang mengalir dan dan tu jugak. Then she got up and 5 minutes later she came to me again, arms wide saying, "Saya nak peluk" and so I put her on my lap and I hugged and pinched her cheeks and well.. loved her.

They looked well fed, with nice clothes and well taken care of. But my worry had always been if they get enough hugs, and kisses (I kiss children with my nose), and sweet words thrown at them plus a tickle or two. Itu aje sebab those are the things that children really need.

I asked her name and it was soooo long, pening kepala aku. I asked if I can take her home for raya and the teacher said probably I can because her mom usually doesn't want to take her home. Her father passed away and her mom is an Indonesian that is unable to care for her. But from the looks of it, is not really bothered with her pun.

So I will try. I am gonna try and bring her home for raya and bawak balik kampung.

Insya-Allah.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I nak hug u jugak because you are so kind..

CK

Anonymous said...

air mata I pun mengalir baca entry ni. So very kind of you, CPK. She will have one happy story to share when she grew up,' a really nice 'makcik' brought me home during raya'... :)
Selamat Hari Raya to u. Have a blessed and happy one!

Nadia.Is.Cute said...

napa aku nak nanges baca entry hang ni?

Anonymous said...

awww.. cediihhhhhhhh....

Norliana Abdul Rahman said...

that is so nice of you!!!

Cik Puan Kamil said...

CK, *Hugs*

Cik Puan Kamil said...

Anon, you are too kind. I do hope I akan berjaya bawak dia balik.

Cik Puan Kamil said...

Nad... hehe... sebab hang lembut hati, that is why...

Cik Puan Kamil said...

Flowerella, sedih kan ? That is why I avoid pi rumah anak2 yatim. Aku yang tak tidoq malam satgi... WAAAAAA !

Cik Puan Kamil said...

Konot, if u see them, I am sure you pun berebut nak bawak depa balik... Sian sangat...