Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Makkah

I am home. Kelmarin lagi dah sampai.

Penat... but also happy. And I feel soo satisfied.

I had a smashing time. And emotional time.

Boss thought I should feel refreshed coming back from a holiday. But.. it is not a holiday boss. It is a pilgrimage. We were in the mosque all the time, praying and reading the Quran all the time. Hotel was just a place to sleep.

I didn't even have the time to shop ! Only managed one sejadah and one jubah for ihram for myself. Other than that mostly stuffs for other people.

And although it was hectic, I loved it. I am actually quite spent emotionally, crying all the time... at Masjid Nabawi, and Masjidil Haram looking at the Kaabah but... I loved it. I want to go again. London couldn't even compare. Sightseeing at St James Park couldn't compete with tawaf around Kaabah at 3 am like we did. Or jostling with other jemaahs to have a peek of Maqam Ibrahim. Shopping at Selfridges seemed so insignificant when compared to praying in Rawdah.. Buckingham Palace paled in comparison to even a glimpse of Maqam Rasullulah.

It was totally surreal.

Totally an amazing experience.

Masya-Allah.

8 comments:

Norliana Abdul Rahman said...

bestnya.

bila pulak turn aku nak pi ni...

knv said...

masyaallahhh! i totally envy you! meremang bulu roma ni. sob! sob!

love you babe! thanks for sharing!

Shaheera said...

Lovely and inspiring to read about your experience. Now you're making me curious and wanna go now.

Cik Puan Kamil said...

Konot... best giler... AKu asyik teringat aje.. Serious...

Cik Puan Kamil said...

Ana... I am actually quite sad I am not there anymore.... I want to be there again...

Cik Puan Kamil said...

Shaheera, you so have to go !! GO now !! Pi book with Tabung Haji !!

Kamalia said...

i love reading this... i am crying in my sleep almost every nite lately...terlalu rindu... :'(

Cik Puan Kamil said...

I know what you mean... I just sooo want to go again... Tak sabar rasanya nak pegi..