Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Happy 16th Anniversary, Babah

Yesterday was our 16th anniversary, Babah and I. When I said anniversary, it is not our wedding but our… errm… together-gether ? He he….

We somehow value 13th April more than we do 4th September, so this anniversary is much waited for. Leading up to yesterday, Babah and I talked about us a lot, you know our feelings being together this long, what we have accomplished in the relationship (2 angels/little terrors) and our predictions for the future.

We agreed that presents will be given during birthdays this year (can’t exchange presents for all the important dates, can we….kapak oiii….) and so I was surprised when he said he had something for me, something small… nothing expensive.

We were having dinner at Strawberry Fields café at that time. It was our favourite hangout during our courting days. Of course at that time it was a much more elegant restaurant in Subang Parade. Babah happened to mention that he wished we could still go to Strawberry Fields for ol’ time’s sake and I thought why not, we can still go… only the location is different, and it is café this time around.

So we went, with our kids. As we ate (the food is not the same. Too extensive menu, we struggled to locate our past favourites. Not only that, the quality had gone down drastically), and watched the kids bickered and demanded for our attention, I sighed, asking my husband what kind of anniversary outing is this ? He he….

Anyway, after dinner I was gagging for chocolates (it is near to the time of the month) and was frantically looking for some at the shops. Babah however insisted that he got some in his car. I know his taste and I do not fancy plain milky ones at the moment, but boy was he insistent.

So okay, went inside the car very much dejected. He entered with a plastic bag in hand, took out a Ferrero Rocher and said, “All the chocolates that I have plied you with during our 16 years….” with a sweet smile on his face. Dipped his hand in the plastic bag again and took out a Twix, Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup, Strawberry Caprisonne, Toblerone (alas it was chocolate milk as I only eat dark chocolate ones… however they are non-existant anymore so I said nothing… he he) and lastly, a bottle of Orangina.

I love Orangina, a love affair started when small… something that always reminded me of my childhood. So sweet.

Sighh…. Babah. You know, he did that once, years ago… 15 years to be exact. Ha ha… It was our 7 month anniversary (gatal…) and we were at Kelab Shah Alam for our school farewell party. We were in Anu’s Estima with Amelia and Shazleen at the back seat.

Babah was due to do his Umrah the very next day and I was maudlin. We were already on the way to find food when suddenly he pulled out a bag from underneath the seat. One by one he took 6 stuffed toys to represent the 7 months (again, gatal…) we have been together. There were various dinasours, a cat and a troll with pink hair and the seventh, he announced is him.

I was touched but also rather embarrassed cause I heard Amelia went err… and aahhh….looking pointedly at the scenery, telling Shazleen to avert her gaze. Ha ha…. It was the funniest most adorable night ever.

He is sweet, that boy of mine. I couldn’t help but enveloped him in a tight hug and kissed his cheeks when he pulled the same stunt 15 years later.

Then... “Why are you guys kissing sama-sama ?” Came a voice from behind, putting her head in between us.

Killjoy !!

Happy Anniversary, Babah.

2 comments:

liadevega said...

sweet...with prayers of many more years to come for you two.

Cik Puan Kamil said...

Thank you. That means a lot to me...