Monday, April 13, 2009

My weekends... ermm... 3 weeks ago...

I think it is very unfair that I only ever write about my busy weekends and never on my more staid ones. Well probably because there was nothing to tell… ha ha…

Two of my current successive weekends were very relaxed but it was a happy one. I am truly blessed because I am surrounded with friends. That was what I like bout my last 2 weekends as it showed me that I have friends, loads of them.

Tasren came 2 Saturdays ago. He arrived at 12 and went home at 6. We had so much fun talking and eating that I wished he could stay over. While I was cooking and talking to Tasren, Amelia called to say she is at the dentist next to my kids’ Art Class and therefore offered to send my kids home.

What a lovely gesture. Thanks a million, Amelia.

Went swimming the next day and had our lunch at the bowling alley. Abang of course pestered us for a game, but Babah and Mummy were tired beyond belief and used the convenient excuse of none of using wearing socks at that very moment.

Last Saturday was Jida’s invitation for morning coffee at her house. While waiting for my kiddies’ piano lessons, Noreen called. So after sending my kids to their art class, fetched Noreen and off we went to Jida’s house.

Luckily I had a navigator next to me because I wouldn’t be able to find her house alone. Kamalia was already there, Fiza who I see around Shah Alam from time to time was there too. But the crème de le crème were of course the host Jida whom I saw last when I was 12 and Louisa. Gosh I haven’t seen Louisa since we were 15, I think !! I had always been very fond of Louisa, a person with the sweetest nature. We used to be neighbours but we lost contact when she went to another school after SRP.
Jida said morning coffee but we were greeted with more than just coffee and cakes. Sure there were coffee (and tea and kiwi juice), 2 whole cakes (one chocolate and jam), loads of cupcakes and scones. There were also nasi lemak plus all its condiments with fried chicken plus there was a steaming lasagna to boot !!
.
Oohhh.... where to start. The hostess was very generous and the food was excellent.

Jida was my childhood playmate, together with Noreen and Kamalia. We used to ride the bus to Kamalia’s house where will play at the very red, hilly area which we fondly called Bukit Bontot Merah. Or most often then not, we would play at a land near Jida’s home which we predictably called ‘Bukit Bontot Hitam’. It was a bit hilly, so I understand the bukit. It was covered with black soil, so yeah to the hitam but I don’t remember the bontot on both venues. Maybe we just like butts at that point in life.

I also remember going to Kamalia’s house and put up a fashion show, using all her clothes, her mom’s and her sister’s in the process, having oodles and oodles of fun.

Sometimes I wish both of the butty hills are still here, all of us are still 11, having a good laugh pretending to be grown ups.

Heh….

Anyway, Sunday Jubei came with her family. Had a good 30 minutes visit. It was short, but they came and it was fun.

I like having my own home. People come and go. It is truly a blessing.

1 comment:

liadevega said...

Oi adalah sculpture like bontot at bukit tu, and got water runs through it lagi..haha..

I really don't remember the fashion show, you have such excellent memory, and mine is very rusty.

Btw, went to Jida's again yesterday..dia dah pakai tudung, alhamdulillah!