Monday, April 20, 2009

A lovely weekend again... I am soooo lucky

I had a lovely weekend.

Sayang… I was too busy to take any pictures of the that very lovely Saturday however it will be one of the days that I will remember forever.

It started when my best friend who was holed up in Bangkok and Singapore for 3 weeks suggested a meeting. Everybody jumped to the idea and funnily a cooking session was agreed upon. I was to teach puri and Sheik was to demonstrate the ways and the hows of making briyani.

Everybody else was to bring a dish. Yum…….

My day started with Adik’s school parent and teacher meeting. Went there for 20 minutes then rushed back home to prepare. Luckily Neti had already fried the chicken for the briyani and I did the shopping the day before so what to do but bake cookies.

Amelia came right on the dot. I was praying upstairs when she came but I heard her voice anyway. What a pleasure to see her again. She had beef curry and delicious coconut jelly with her. Took out the flours for the puri and waited for the rest of the gang to arrive.

They trickled in, these Malays… ha ha… with food in their hands. Min came with cendol, Bei came with Babah’s favourite sago gula melaka, Noreen her infamous chocolate cake, Kamalia the ingredients for briyani and our surprise guest, lovely, lovely Cho came bearing sandwiches. Good one.

I started my class… he he….Fried a few rounds then Sheik started his lesson. We ate and learnt and talked and cooked… It was such fun. I totally love it.

At 5.30 the main course was ready and we set up the table. It was groaning with food. Marvellous.

Ian, Babah’s colleague came at 5.30 then Shazad and Fadzli appeared 10 mins after . Super !

People were all over the house. The countless kids were upstairs, in the library and running amok in the garden. People were eating in the garden, in the dining room, the living room and in the kitchen. I was so happy to see my house filled with friends.

Babah, Amelia and Ian left with Noreen to test drive her car and came back with more ice and drinks.

Ice-cream was taken out, food was disappearing fast and at last, plastic bags and containers were filled with food to be taken home. My friends helped to clean up. What a thoughtful bunch.

Everybody left when Maghrib came a calling except for Ian. He stayed on until midnight where we had a really good time talking and chatting and slowly putting the house back together again.

I went to bed deliriously tired with super aching feet (Amelia, reflexology session in order, please…) but I was so happy, who cares, yeah ?

Thank you, friends.

Next one in the agenda, husbands only cooking session, at Min’s and Farid’s. Yeah !!

4 comments:

liadevega said...

Bestkan? Mmg rugi tak amik gambar...!
-Still eating Jubei's sago for breakfast today-

Cik Puan Kamil said...

Best kan ? We are very lucky to have sooo many close friends.

I dah habiskan semalam dah jubei punya sago...

Sheik said...

aku tak puas makan puri sebab kena concentrate memasak aritu...rugi 3x

Cik Puan Kamil said...

Dah ajar dah cara2nya.... sonang je..

Kalau teringin cakap lah... aku buat bg kat hang....