Thursday, April 30, 2009

Tuesday and Wednesday

Yesterday was a very hectic day for me.

My colleagues wanted to come for a visit and me being me couldn’t let people in my house before I cook for at least 20 people.

Since Chris, Sam, Farah and Prema were coming straight from work, I started my preparation the night before. Which was murder because we were out late celebrating my dad’s birthday.

Anyway, when I got home, I cooked the ratatouille for vegetable lasagna. Layered the lasagna and bunk it in the freezer. In between making the lasagna, I made the chicken pie. And bake cakes. Chicken pie also went into the freezer and the cakes were left in the oven.

Went to bed wondering why I just can’t ask Neti to make her super duper delicious nasi goreng and ayam berempah.

Morning, instructed Neti to take out the frozen goodies out of the freezer by 4 and start baking them by 5. Oh, please take out the cakes first before you do that.

Came home to a delicious smelling home.


Chicken pie.

Vegetable lasagna


Took out the ingredients for carbonara out and boiled water for the pasta.

While waiting for my friends to come, cut the cakes into halves. 1 became strawberry jam sandwich and the other chocolate sandwich.


Started the carbonara sauce 5 minutes before they arrived.



Spaghetti carbonara. Dah nak habih baru Christina ingat nak ambik gambar..he he


The girls came to have a look at Uncle Lee’s work actually and they were very impressed. They toured the house and took pictures. Then makan time. Bless.









Then, group pictures.










Since I know I could never cook just enough for everybody, I made sure Babah invited Ian to join us. He is essential to ensure no food go to waste. Sadly my friends had to leave before Babah or Ian came. Next time then, yeah ?

When with Ian, great conversation is ensured so we talked and talked and talked until midnight.

The kids mengaji, mak bapak melepak. Abang Kamal joined in the fun time when he came to pick up his son.

So it was nice. Tiring sure, but when you are surrounded with friends, who cares ?

1 comment:

Sheik said...

semua nampak sedap kecuali gambar mangkuk tandas tu.