Monday, May 04, 2009

Furniture filled weekend....

We had no rest last weekend. And since it was a long one, I am so tired today. I have been yawning non-stop.

We didn’t do much Friday morning. Had breakfast then I found what looks like a nice furniture shop at Ara Damansara in Impiana. On the way there, Babah’s sister called and invited us for lunch.

Found the place, but wasn’t that keen on the furniture shop however the other shops in the same vicinity were very interesting though. I salivated on beautiful picture frames and Babah was very, very keen on a drawer chest. Rushed back to Shah Alam at about 2 as the kids were pleading hunger. However when we got to Wawa’s house, none of the whiners were interested in eating much as the call of the cousins were far greater.

Wawa only invited us and Abang Kamal’s sister Kak Ya and her family. Since we do meet like that all the time, we settled in for a loooong chat. So long that we went home close to midnight.

Ha ha ! Terrible.

The very next day, Kak Ya promised to come over for a visit. She hadn’t been to our new house yet so therefore I started my day very early.

Went to pasar at 7 and found putu mayam. Yeay. Baked cakes and prepared the flours for puri. Chicken curry burbling on the stove by 9 am. Send the kids to piano, then art then rushed back home as Kak Ya was to arrive at 11.30.

Showed the house to Kak Ya and Ain while Hannah, Hakeem and Caca played in the library. Everybody settled in the kitchen and I served the warm chocolate sandwich cake (again, I know but my colleagues liked them so much, they brought it home. So I figured I could do no wrong with it… ha ha) and lemon iced cake (Kak Ya and her kids loved it and tapau-ed it home… so yeay !). Oh, plus the putu mayam.

While they ate, I made the puris and served it hot to them. Got great reviews so yeay again. Luckily Babah fetched the kids so I had a very nice, relaxing chat with my guests. Got a surprise though when Babah came home. He apparently swung by Ara Damansara and bought a 4 wicker basket drawer chest from that place in Ara Damansara ! It went so well in the kitchen, I am very please.

After they left we stayed home and relaxed. By night time, the call of the tummies came again so off we went to Uptown. Came home with loads of cds. By 9.30 all of us snuggled on the sofa to watch Penelope. Nice.

Next morning Babah wanted to look for more furniture so after breakfast went to this wonderful Jati place in Puchong. The place is amazing and finally, I brought back a side table for my living room.

Went for lunch but Babah was by now so bitten by furniture hunting bug, we sent the kids to Wawa’s house and went around town again. What a lovely time we had, going round and round without the kids complaining.

Brought back another coffee table from our trip… but by then it was a bit excessive already. Oh, did I tell you we bought a mirror at Shah Alam Mall on Friday ? Yikes ! It was definitely too much...

Jubei came with a mission at 6 and stayed a while.

Anyway, had a light supper of nasi, sardin and telur dadar. Kids went to bed and Mummy and Babah watched He Is Just Not In To You. Went to bed at midnight again and yawning like mad today.

But I had fun, so it doesn’t matter really.

Hmmmm…………

4 comments:

Sheik said...

nampak macam banyak perabot...

kalau ada yg nak dispose sila bagitau aku.

Cik Puan Kamil said...

Nak dispose apa ? MAsih kena isi lagi ni... Rumah Melayu selagi lutut tak berlaga furniture tak sah... ha ha

Anonymous said...

the jati and the side table..cantikkkkkk...jubei suka......
chocolate sandwich cake and lemon iced cake?? teringinnya........bila nak buat demo...

Cik Puan Kamil said...

Thank you Jubei. Semalam ada org dtg rumah and I dengan bangganya hidang air and buah mangga..... he he....

Ada org order minggu depan... boleh I buat lebih and bagi you rasa....