Thursday, May 21, 2009

Babah and Gizmo

Okay, remember how I do not want to have pet cats anymore due to my extreme broken hearted-ness (if there is no such word, forgive me...) when Pit died ? Well I sort of want one again when my sister brought a new Moggie home. Well he wasn’t called Moggie then. Marlin called him something like Juice or something lame like that but I have a very clear rule when naming cats. Grey ones will always be Nicky, white ones Pit, orange ones Moggie and white with spots of colours Gizmo. Any other colour we will coin a new name for it. Therefore when new Moggie came home with a beautiful (but with a rather melancholic face) black Persian, they called him Coffee and I was okay with that.

Anyway new Moggie is all nice and orange and reminded me of my old Moggie. This guy is Persian whereas my Moggie was just a normal non-pedigree kind but the colour was soooo him. And I suddenly realised how much I miss having a cat.

When I first saw Moggie, I rushed to him, wanting to hug but I held back… but once I did, oh-oh… I sooo want one.

I approached my husband about my desire to be a cat-owner again but since he is rather allergic to cat hair, totally refused. I asked Marlin to find me a white one nonetheless but since she found a RM 700 one, I refused to cough up the dough. Babah ever more so.

I had wanted to borrow Nicky (they call him Bubu but he is gray so Nicky he will be) however since Nicky thinks himself human and a recluse at that (he refuses to leave the house. He stays upstairs, commuting between the rooms only), I can’t considering he will shed his hair all over the house which then will very much effect Babah.

Then, next door neigbour’s cats had a fight at our patio and shat all over the furniture, the wanting sort of died. Hate cat crap but I can’t let Neti do all the work herself, right so I helped her and afterwards scrubbed and scrubbed my body clean. Urrghh !

Babah laughed at me and re-iterated why he didn’t want one. Kotor lah, bulu lah, scratch our furniture lah then… his allergies. Fine… changed my mind already at that point anyway.

Then last week I came down early morning to iron my tudung and heard a strange sound. Ignored it but when it came quite frequent, I asked Neti and she opened the door and pointed to an itty bitty cat mewing. No mommy, pretty much alone and very much noisy. No wonder the sliding door and the back door were shut when I got home the day before and again that very morning because the kitten wanted so much to come in.

Looked so pitiful so I asked Neti if she has any fish left. She produced one from the fridge and gave it to the kitten. I reminded her in no circumstances is she to let the cat in because of Babah’s allergies.

Came home and he was still there. When Babah came in the kids rushed to him with stories of the squatter and excitedly showed it to him.

Babah : Dia sorang-sorang ke ?

Kids : Dia takde Mummy and Babah dia….

Babah : Sian….

Babah looked at me and I looked at him and we both raised our eyebrows. Night time he started mewing again so Babah checked on him. “Kenapa sayang ?” Eh… mula dah…. “Dia sejuk lah….Siannya..” Hmmm…. Babah found a small box and I took our skankiest towel out and fashioned out a bed for him. Babah wanted to put in some milk for him but being an experienced cat owner I gave him a bowl of water instead. Before we retired, Babah did a quick check on him again. Hmmm….

Next day, he was allowed inside and Babah had started addressing him as Sayang already. Hmmmmm…..

Yesterday we came home late and were greeted by Gizmo. I said to him, “Nak masuk rumah lah tu… No way, okay…..”

Babah said, “Nak masuk ke ? Tak boleh okay… duduk kat luar dulu sebab nanti awak o-ok…” oh-so lovingly. Hmmm….

I pointed to our patio and said, “Pergi tidur situ… Kat situ ada tilam….”

Babah actually carried him and put him on the bench. Hmmm…..

This morning when we were about to leave for work, this happened.


He played with the cat first.








Then as we backed out the driveway, he started following us, much to Adik's and Babah's delight.
"Dia nak ikut lah..." Babah repeated over and over again.
He actually stopped outside the gate the see where Gizmo is going. We only resumed our journey when he was satisfied Gizmo stopped looking at us pitifully, still very much inside the house.
Kata allergic.... He he.... So now he has a name, Gizmo and apparently we have a cat now. Hah !

No comments: