Thursday, May 28, 2009

Impromptu party

Sigh….. again I failed to take pictures of me having fun.

My maksu and paksu came home from the States on Monday and is staying with us. Monday and Tuesday were filled with managing their jet lag and going to the banks. So yesterday Maksu approached me while I was ironing my tudung for work, asking me to invite my family over for dinner. She will buy Satay.

Yahoo ! Oh Maksu, I said. Please buy enough for Ian too as he comes every Wednesday. I will buy Mee Hoon Goreng, I said again. My family usually have Fried Mee Hoon with Satay. But…. Maksu suggested wouldn’t it be better if Mummy cooks the Mee Hoon, considering her cooking prowess.

Good idea. Called everybody up and everything was set. Late afternoon Kak Wa called and ask if there is a mengaji session as usual. Definitely, and oh, Kak Wa… please do not have any dinner before you send Harith over because we are having Satay.

Ian turned up first. Then he and Babah went over to Mum’s to get the Mee Hoon. Then Kak Wa arrived with Harith in tow. Then Maksu and Paksu returned with the Satay and the party started.

Mummy came with Syafiq and his daughters while we ate. The kids started mengaji and we brought down the house with our laughters. Sungguh kurang sopan.

Kak Wa went home when ustaz went off and surprisingly Ian left, too. I was shocked because, as I informed him, I thought I’d be ensured of conversations at least till midnight. He laughed and pleaded prior engagement. Okay lah.

Then Marlin, Ita and Daniel came and that is when I remembered the desserts. A bifle (it should be trifle, really but I forgot the swiss roles, so only 2 layers so bifle it was) and orange caramel pudding.

Sembang-sembang. Gelak-gelak. Karaoke session planned and agreed upon so it was a successful night !

Bliss…

No comments: